Chapter Five: The Past

Later that night
       I was taking yet again another nap. Sleep tonight will be nonexistent. I decided to finally get up. I started to get ready again because I wanted to wear something I got from shopping now because it excites me. So I pulled out a new skirt, a black top, jean jacket, and black socks(picture above). I did a little more makeup than usual I put on foundation, blush, mascara, and lip gloss. I put on some shoes and started heading out my room.
           "Suzy the gang is taking me to the drive in tonight so I may be out late." I sort of yelled.
           "Fine by me. Have fun with them." She yelled back as I went out the door.
           I walked to the Curtis house and just barged in. Dally began to stare at me. My eyes joined his eyes. "Cali!" Soda yelled while I jumped up.
          "What!" I yelled back.
          "You were zoned out." He looked over at Dally then back at me and then nodded for the door. I took the hint and we both headed out.
          "I told everyone we broke up and no one was really listening but as soon as I said that dallys head shot up. You have a chance to take it." He said.
           "Why can't He?" I asked.
           "Dally is a troubled one but he might." He told me.
           "When are we going to the drive in?" I asked.
           "Is that why you're here?" Soda seemed confused.
           "Well uh yeah Dally said we were all going to the drive in later." I said in a confused matter.
           "Well He didn't invite anyone else." He giggled and I just slapped his shoulder.
            We walked inside and Dally instantly got up. And then nodded for the door as well. I just sighed and walked outside. "I thought the gang was coming?" I said confused.
            "No one wanted to." He lied.
            "Soda said you didn't invite anyone." I sassed.
            "Okay fine I didn't ask but you and I need to get along so this is just how we will do that." He said and then started to head down the street.
           Once we got there we sat in the very back row. He went to go get popcorn as he promised. And shockingly came back without hitting on any girls. I'm surprised. "Here you go sweetheart." He said handing me the popcorn.
         We both leaned back in our chairs eating popcorn and I bet neither of us were truly paying attention to the movie. "Cali." I turned my head to Dally. "You wanna ditch this place?" He asked.
        "I'm so glad you asked." I said practically jumping out of my seat. He didn't jump like me but he did get up pretty fast. We went to the back and snuck underneath the gate and started walking to God knows where.
         "What do you wanna do?" I asked still walking down the street.
         "Nothing legal man." He said and started to walk at a faster pace. We walked by this one tiny convenience store and dally peeked his head inside. "You distract the clerk I'll get us two sodas."
         We walked inside and dally instantly went in the back without being noticed while I walked to register. It was a teen male. "Hey cutie." He said while I walked up to him.
          I faked a giggle, "I could say the same about you." We started a small talk that only consisted of us flirting I turned my head to see Dally just walking outside. "Well I think I should head out maybe I'll see you again sometime." I winked then walked out.
         We walked far enough out of the clerks eyes and dally handed me a soda. "Thanks Dally." I said right before taking a drink it my soda.
          "You did good in there doll." He said with a slight smile. I looked up to him and stared into his cold eyes but this time they weren't cold. They told a story I've never seen before. Almost as if you could look back into his past and see the young but not so innocent Dally. He wasn't looking at me but I could still see straight into his eyes. Then while I was staring at him he looked at me and locked our eyes together. It's almost as if he was doing the same thing as me looking deep into what the eyes tell.
          Without me knowing I was moving my body and he was moving his We were getting closer and closer until there was only a little space left to fill. We never broke eye contact and now he moved his hand so it was pushing my hair behind my ear. "I'm sorry Cali." He said softly. I was quite shocked people told me all about him and the words he never uses are sorry, thanks, or please.
        "For what exactly?" I asked.
        "Oh come on man you know. I've been nothing but a horrible person to you. I mean I'm mean to everyone but I just completely blew on you." He said breaking the eye contact and looking down.
       "I've been pretty rude too so I'm sorry as well." I said bringing his head to shoot back up. He then began to lean in even more to the point where our faces were practically touching. "Dally." I said quietly.
        "Yea Doll?" He asked in a confused tone.
        "We are just getting to actually know each other I don't wanna rush into whatever this is." I mentioned.
          He looked down and sighed, "Well my names Dally nice to meet ya!" He chuckled.
         "My names Chloe nice to meet ya." After I said that I realized what I actually said and I didn't give him my nickname. I don't like my real name it reminds me of my father so I just don't use it.
         "So you're real names Chloe?" He asked while I nodded. "Thats cute."
         "I don't like it. It reminds me of the life I was forced into by my father so I just go by Cali." I said fidgeting with my hands but he grabbed them and held them.
         "Don't worry Cal I won't call you that nor will I tell the others." He rubbed my hands.
         "Thanks." I looked down. "So I've heard about your past from Soda but do you mind telling me more?" I asked now rubbing his hand.
         "Well don't believe much he says he doesn't know the full story. I lived in New York with my abusive parents for ten years went down the wrong road ended up in a rough gang liked to get into trouble with the fuzz. Not much has changed there. I ended up in jail at ten and you know man jail changes ya. So I moved here to Tulsa at maybe eleven and still get into the same trouble but now I don't have abusive parents that make it worse." He had sadness in every single word.
         "Oh well your here now. Let's just both forget our dumb parents and dumb past and live now!" I said louder then the quiet voice I've been using.
         "You're something alright." He chuckled.