Chapter Sixteen: Smiles :)

Dallys p.o.v-
       As I started to get more drunk a broad approaches me. "Hey handsome how come your all alone?" She asked very flirty sitting next to me.
       "My two friends wanted to dance. I'm just not the type man." I told her being honest.
       "Well I can keep you some company." She brought her hand to one of my shoulders. Although I was drunk and Calis been annoying I kept thinking back to the night of the picnic,

        "I won't let anyone hurt you baby girl. You deserve the world and that's what I'm going to try to give you."

        I can't hurt her. Although she can be annoying and she's ruining my reputation I can't hurt her. "I can't I have to go." I said pushing the girl off and getting up. When I stood up and faced the door I seen the unforgettable brown hair and dark blue eyes. Something was different these eyes weren't filled with joy anymore they told a story of sadness. As she looked at me her eyes filled with tears and by the look of it she's already been crying.

       Cali's p.o.v-
        Darry pulled into Bucks and he let me go in by myself but before he gave me a "speech".
        "Cali if you go in there and see something you maybe won't like try and let him explain himself. He loves you. I hate to encourage you to chase after danger but if it's Dally he's going to try and fix it because he's been hurt to much in the past to hurt someone he loves. Trust me I know him very well I've watched him grow. And although he is immature he has good intentions." Darry said letting me go inside.
        I rushed through the door and searched past the people to see if Dally was down here or if I needed to head upstairs. I looked over at the bar and seen some girl touching Dally. By the looks of it he was letting her.
         Eventually he pushed her off and stood up to face me. His eyes lingered and landed onto my eyes. He stared at me what felt like for years and I couldn't help myself to not cry. A tear started rolling down my cheek as Dallas approached me. "What is going on Dallas!" I yelled out of anger.
         "Cal just come upstairs and let me explain!" He said keeping his tone at a regular volume.
          I let him take my hand and lead me upstairs even though I knew my way. He led me into his room and then shut the door. "You were supposed to be in jail for another three days! I go to the police station to see you and they tell me you already got out! Darry tried saying maybe you wanted some sleep but that sure didn't look like sleep!" I yelled with tears rolling down my face.
         "Cal baby, it's just I wanted to see you I really did but I've seen you so much that I can never even acknowledge my old friends." He said looking at his shoes.
         "So the people you want to sleep with are considered friends now?" I asked getting even angrier than before.
          "No I was with my friends mark and Gus they were just dancing and you know I don't dance. But baby all I'm trying to say is that some days I just want to spend a couple hours to myself or with my old friends so I was just going to come here for three hours then come see you that's all baby." He started to walk over to me.
          "Why couldn't you just tell me? I would've gave you some space?" I said calming down.
          "I don't know it's you just been so clingy lately I thought you would've said no." He looked sorry.
          "From now on, I'll give some space if you one introduce me to your friends and two stop lying." I said stepping closer to him.
          "Done. Why don't we go get Gus and mark right now." Dally said grabbing my hand and this time leading me downstairs. He led me into the dance floor and then greeted two men to come to the side with us. "So Mark Gus don't you know that hot girl I was telling you about earlier?" Dal said.
           Neither of them seemed to notice me. "Uh the Cali girl?" Mark or Gus asked confused.
          "Yeah well I want you to meet her." I stepped forward and was grabbed tightly by Dally around the waist.
           "I'm Cali." I said shyly.
           "I'm mark and that's Gus." Said that guy who talked earlier.
           "What made you bring her to us I thought this was a guys day." Gus said. I looked up at Dally.
            "She's just too special." Dally leaned in and kissed me.
             "Alright well we're going to dance you two should join." Gus said heading back. 
         "Let me guess Doll you want to join them?" Dally asked with a smirk.
         "Dally why don't you go join them while I head home." I said with a slight smile.
         "Thanks Doll I'll head by later. Curtis house at eight?" Dally asked. It was only five so three more hours won't hurt.
          "I'll see you then." I kissed his forehead and waved goodbye. He slightly waved then walked by his friends.
          I walked out and seen Darry still waiting. I sat in the car and signaled for him to go. "So was he there?" Darry asked.
          "Yeah and we talked some stuff out. He said he would've stopped by but he really wanted some time with his friends. I met them there pretty nice." I smiled and Darry seemed glad. I don't know, I think I'm happy. So I started to smile.