Chapter Thirty: The Call

Cali's p.o.v
"Stay gold Ponyboy stay gold." Johnny mumbled and with that his eyes closed.
      "Come on Johnny don't die!" Dallas cried in pain. I watched him run out but before I could get out to chase Dally pony stopped me.
      "Wait Cali he's alive!" Pony cheered looking at johnny's eyes flutter and hearing his machine beep again. I smiled but then instantly ran out the door.
      "Dallas wait!" I yelled hoping he'd stop. I ran faster then I ever did before cause I knew Dally wouldn't just stop. I seen him run out of the hospital but without go much further he stopped and turned around to face me. "Dallas wait." I said once more but this time far more out of breathe.
     "Don't worry cal I'm not going to do anything stupid I just need a break. A break from disaster. Just an hour okay?" He said crying more than I've ever seen dally cry.
     "But johnny's not dead." I smiled. He asked over to me with a smile on his face and grabbed my hand leading us back into the hospital.

       A week later-
     Dally and I have been at my house for the past day trying to get sleep. We've been in the hospital non stop watching over Johnny. He's doing a lot better the doctors even said there's a small chance he could walk again. "Can we please go now." Dally begged tugging on my arm.
     "Can I finish eating first?" I asked laughing at Dally acting like a five year old.
     "I guess." He huffed.

     I got up and put my dish into the sink and then walked over to the couch Dally was eagerly waiting on, "ready?" I asked already knowing the answer.
     He jumped up, "Yea." He tried acting chill. He grabbed my hand as usual and led me outside into a car he stole. He got in the drivers seat while I got into the passenger side. "Let's go see Johnny!" Dally exclaimed.
"Yea lets go see Johnny." I smiled.

We got to the hospital and the whole gang was waiting in the waiting room. "Did you guys get the call too?" Darry asked confused.
"What call?" I said very nervously looking around the room.
"I don't know some doctor called and told me to come here." Darry said looking at johnny's room.
"Well that cant be good why are we all just standing around then!" Dally shouted.
"They won't let us in ape face." Two said angered.
"Who you calling ape face? Ever look in a mirror?" Dally was obviously getting annoyed. He wanted answers and that's what he'll get. "Now I asked why Are we standing around?" Dally said in his extremely harsh tone that everyone fears.
"They won't let us in." Soda said standing in front of two.
"I'll get in." He started to push away from and walk towards Johnny's room but was stopped by someone we never thought we'd see walked out.
That's when all of our upset faces turned into thrilled faces. We seen Johnny walking out without any help. Dally was the first to react. "I'm so proud of you kid." He ruffled his hair.
"Thanks Dal." Johnny said smiling up at him.
The gang all went up to him and we all joined in this one big hug, "we thought we lost you!" Steve shouted.
"Thank God your okay!" Pony said happily.
"You thought wrong." Johnny laughed.
"Why don't you stay with us for awhile kid?" Darry suggested.
"Really!" Johnny seemed so happy. He's finally getting everything he wanted. Firstly he got Dally to be proud of him. Dallys always been proud of him but now he knows. And now he's got a home.

We all went back to the Curtis household and I was about to walk inside until I got pulled aside. I looked at the person tugging on my arm to see a happy Sodapop. "long time no see best friend." He said.
"You haven't called me that in a while." I smiled to myself.
"Cause your not around me much and with our semi history I don't think Dally would enjoy us hanging out." His smiled faded into a small frown.
"Well cause the last time we hung out you made a move on me." I stated.
      "I was going through a bad time." He looked away. "But that's over now I see you more a sister." He said.
       "That's kind of weird but whatever. What do you want?" I laugh.
       "We should Johnny a surprise party at the dingo." He looked inside at Johnny who was smiling.
       "Let's! I can go bake my famous chocolate cake you guys live for right now!" I exaggerated my whole sentence.
      "And I'll go get some balloons and confetti!" He squealed.
      "Shut up!" I said quietly. "I'll tell the gang that I just want some alone time and you tell them your picking up an extra shift alright?" I said.
       "It's a plan. I'll tell them I'm leaving first then you tell them a bit later okay?" I nodded and we both went inside.

      I feel like I haven't posted in forever minus the last chapter and I wanna say sorry. I just started school and I guess I've been kind of busy. But I'm currently sick and at home all day so therefore I'm writing😂 have a good day is everyone gals johnny's alive? What do you thinks going to happen next?