Chapter Six: Lake House

The next day-
        I woke up in my nice cozy bed at 7:30 a.m. Typically I sleep to 9-10 but I guess those naps made me wake up earlier. I was honestly quite excited today Dally said that Soda told him that everyone was going to a cabin by the lake. This time I actually asked soda if it was true because well from experience. I packed my bags and headed to the Curtis house. We were leaving at noon so I did have time but I wanted to be there.
         I threw on rolled up jean shorts, a burnt orange tank top, and green flannel. (Picture above) I put my hair into a ponytail with a green scrunchie. And didn't put on any makeup besides lip gloss.
        Darry told me to just put my bags in his truck before I come inside so I don't have to keep hauling them everywhere. Then I walked inside to an empty house. The boys still must've been sleeping. I decided I would make them and myself breakfast. I looked for eggs and bacon then threw them on the stove. It was about 8:30 when I finished so I went upstairs and loudly knocked on both of the rooms and yelled all of their names.
         As I went to go sit down Soda and Pony came downstairs. Soda was energetic while Pony was fighting to stay awake. Darry came down a while later completely normal.

                                  Later
       It was around ten as the gang started to come in. They all came in at different times but Dally was the last to arrive. Once he came in he sat next to me on the couch. We sat silent until Darry came out, "Well I guess since everyone's here and ready we should just leave now." He commanded.
         There were two drivers Darry and Dally. I've heard he's a bad driver but he's the next best we got. It was me Pony and Johnny in dally's car. I sat in the front with dally and the two boys sat in the back. Everyone else was with Darry.
         The lack we were going to was around two hours away. It wasn't going to be too long of a drive so that's good. About as soon as we hit the road Johnny and pony fell asleep. That leaves Dally and I.
          "Hey thanks for inviting me to the lake. I know we didn't start off too good but I plan on changing that." I slightly smiled.
            "Don't worry about it I just wanna get to know you better Doll." He said not taking his eyes off of the road.
          "Yah I guess we could take this time to get to know each other." I said with a smile and a light blush that I'm glad he couldn't see.
          "Um Doll I hate to break this to you but there's only four bedrooms that means everyone had to share. So uh I mean we could room?" He tensed up. I could tell it took all of his confidence to ask that.
         "Sure. I won't mind that as long as you don't try and pull anything." We both laughed.
         "I won't. Unless you want me to." He winked and my blush grew.
          The rest of the car ride was useless conversations. We talked about my old dog named princess and that earned a laugh from Dally. I found out his middle name which is tucker. And he found out mine was Ann.
          Once we pulled up to the parking lot Darry told us to pick a roommate so Dally and I paired earning a few judgy looks. I mean I guess it makes sense. Not too long ago we wanted to tear each other's heads off. Now we're like all close. Pony and Johnny shared, soda and Steve, then Darry and Two shared.
         We all walked off to our rooms to get settled. I was taking out a few items so I had easier access when Dally came crashing onto the bed with all of my stuff neatly laid out. "Aw come on Dally I had everything nice and folded." I exclaimed.
        "Well now you don't. What happened to the speech you gave yesterday about living now. Come on, lighten up man." He said then grabbed my waist and pulled me down too. We were now laying side by side. With our eyes staring into each other's and our faces maybe an inch apart. "Oh hey there." He said sarcastically.
        I shoved my hand into his shoulder, "why don't we get dressed and go for a swim." I said getting up.
        "Alright Fine you go in the bathroom and I'll change in here." He said and grabbed my stuff and went into the bathroom. I had two swimsuits for the trip so for this swim I decided to throw on my blue checkered one. (Picture down below).
       I knocked and dally told me I was clear to come out. Once I came out Dallys draw dropped the slightest bit. "Take a picture it will last longer." I said walking away but turned around when hearing what he had to say.
         "I might have to." He said with a wink.
         "Don't get ahead of yourself Winston."  I smirked. I then walked out of ten door knowing for sure he was watching me. I headed out to the lake while Dally followed. We stood by the lake for minute until I decided to try and push Dally in. I went to shove his back but then he grabbed my wrist being me in with him. Once we both fell into the water I was practically on top of him. I attempted to move but then Dally tightened his grip a bit signaling for me not to leave I sighed then put my arms around his neck and leaned my head on his shoulder. He moved his hands from around my arms to my waist. I couldn't touch but Dally could so I wrapped my legs around him so I didn't have to struggle anymore.
         "This should be fun." I whispered very lightly so Dally could barely hear.

" I whispered very lightly so Dally could barely hear