Chapter Seven: Truth or Dare

Dally and I stayed like that for five minutes all alone. Then out of nowhere Dally moved his hands to my legs pushing them slightly off the he took his hands and forced my arms off from around his neck. The next thing I know I had two strong hands on my shoulders pushing me underwater.
        Once I came up from the water I screamed, "oh really you wanna go Dallas!" He was already swimming away. I saw he was right by where the dock ends so I got out of the water and Dally still had his back towards me. I ran across the dock then jumped and landed right on him.
        I was now on his back after jumping on him. He rubbed his head a little bit from my arm crashing into it. "Come on man." He said in a cold tone.
         "Awe are you upset that a girl can get even with you?" I sarcastically pouted.
         "Definitely not. Actually I think it's kind of hot." He said with a wink.
         "Typical Dallas having to flirt with anyone anytime he's given the chance." I said while getting off of his back. And was starting to swim around. "I'm going inside Dallas." I said while betting out of the lake.
           "I'm coming too." He mentioned in a serious voice.
         We walked inside and I got dressed in the bathroom while Dally got dressed in the room just like before. This time instead of throwing on clothes I threw on pajamas which were technically clothes. It was a cropped yellow shirt with red shorts(picture above).
        I knocked before coming out but Dally wasn't even in the room. I put my stuff on top of the sink so they would dry them I went outside of my room to see the boys all sitting in the living room. "Hey guys what are y'all doing?" I asked plopping on the couch besides Dally.
         "Well I was thinking we should play truth or dare?" Steve questioned. Everyone agreed and then we all sat in one big circle. "I'll ask first, Soda truth or dare?" He asked looking at Soda.
         "Um dare!" He said excited.
         "I dare you to let Cali put lipstick on you!" He said over exaggerating every word. I jumped up and ran to Dallys and my room to grab the brightest one I had. I came back with my makeup bag unsure of what to choose. As I was looking around I came across a bright purple my friend got me back in California as a joke. I pulled it out and put it on him. He asked for a mirror and then he acted like a girl excited about new clothes.
        "Okay miss Soda you can go" Darry said laughing.
        "Um to get back at Cali for taking part in my dare I will choose you. Truth or dare?" He asked staring at me.
         "Well I don't wanna ruin any fun so dare!" I mostly yelled.
         "GOOD! I dare you to kiss Dally for a minute." He said now staring at Dally. I looked over at Dally and he had the biggest smirk on his face. As I was walking over to him I flipped soda off.
         I sat by Dallas and crashed my lips into his. He seemed to be enjoying it but that's just sick Dallas. His hands moved to my waist while my hands were in his hair. Honestly I think I was enjoying it too.
        "CALI DALLAS!" We heard someone yell and we both jumped off of each other. "Um we've been trying to get your attention. You guys could've been done like a minute ago. It's been two minutes." Soda said. I felt myself get really red. I just walked over to where I sat before and we continued the game.
        The rest of the game was average. It was fun though. I just couldn't get my mind off of that kiss. It was now time to go to bed. Ponyboy and Johnny left a while ago as did Darry. The rest of us just started to get ready. Two decided he would sleep on the couch so he wouldn't wake Darry. Then Soda and Steve went off to bed.
       I walked into mine and Dallys room and literally jumped into bed. Dally walked in and laughed. He walked over to me and pushed me to my side of the bed. "Bed hog much?" He asked with a chuckle. He then jumped onto the bed right next to me causing me to go in the air a bit. I burst out laughing.
        As we were both laughing I figured this was the best time to talk about the kiss. I just sighed and sat up with my back against the headboard. He mimicked my actions. "So Dally the kiss,"
       "What about it?" He asked turning his head to face mine.
       "It meant nothing right?" I asked.
       "Obviously. I mean you said we are just getting to know each other right?" He looked away from me.
       "I mean I think I know you pretty well. It's all about what we want." I said.
       "Well I mean I don't know man." He said.
       "You know what just forget it." I laid down making sure to signal I was angry. I think he noticed but he must've shrugged it off and just went to bed.

                      The next morning
        I woke up to an empty bed. I didn't think much of it. I got up and got dressed into a shirt with a wave on it and jeans (picture below). I didn't do my makeup today because I have a feeling we're going to go swimming. After I finished getting ready I went out to the kitchen. Before I entered I heard my name mentioned. I decided I would stay and listen.
        "Come on you know you like her!" I heard someone say quite loudly.
        "Shut up she may come out and I do not." I heard someone else say. I couldn't quite tell who was having a conversation. Well until I walked into the kitchen.

 Well until I walked into the kitchen