Chapter Nine: Car Ride

I woke up at three a.m to a panic attack. I sat on the bed trying to breathe. All of the events from last night came rushing through my brain once again. I then felt strong arms wrap around my shoulder.
          "Baby what's wrong?" Dally asked in a comforting tone.
          "You won't understand Dallas." I sobbed.
          "I may not understand but I can listen. Cal I don't know what I did but I'm here now so please don't shut me out." He pleaded.
           "Do you really want me to tell you what's wrong." I asked.
           "Yes Cali." He said in a stern but somehow comforting tone.
           "I'm ugly. My parents would say that all of the time then I moved here to get away from their harsh words. The words followed me and landed in my nightmares and right in your mouth. When I first moved here you called me ugly and you did anything in your power to show you hated me." I cried out.
         "Listen Cal, sure I may have said those things but I never truly meant them. It's just change has always been hard. When things first started to change in my life it only changed for the worse so I just assumed that what you were going to do. But little did I know you were one of the best things that came into my life. Cal you're definitely not ugly. You're so perfect." He wrapped me in a huge hug while I cried in his shoulder.
         "Why can't my parents love me then?" My voice was muffled from Dallys chest.
         "They just are just big idiots who can't tell who a good person is." He smiled.
         "Thanks Dal I'm sorry I ever blamed you." I looked down.
         "There's no need to be sorry you had every right princess."
          "Awe is Dallas Winston Turning into a softy." I finally smiled.
         "We don't tell the gang about this alright." I nodded to his question that was truly a command. He leaned in and kissed my forehead, "now go to sleep babygirl." I fell asleep in his strong muscular arms.

                           Next morning
         Today the gang and I were heading home. Darry made me sit down and tell what happened before we left. Although I was better I think it's time we all head home. I threw on some whitewash shorts and a blue shirt (picture above). Now it's time to get into the car.
         We decided to switch up the car situation a bit. I was still with Dally but now we have Steve and Two. Everyone else went with Darry. I'm sure this car ride will be interesting. We all got into the car and I sat in the front with Dally. He almost instantly grabbed my hand.
          Two and Steve practically jumped into the car. "Man take it easy." Dally mumbled under his breath. After two and Steve got situated dally sped off causing Two to throw his hands in the air.
          After the first turn Two-bit pulled out a beer from God knows where and began to chug. "CHUG CHUG CHUG!" Steve encouraged.
           "Man you think the younger ones were supposed to be the immature ones." Dally said to me trying not to grab the idiots in the back attention.
          "Nah I knew those two idiots would be worse." I sighed.
          All of the sudden Steve started to scream like a girl. "ITS A SPIDER!" He screamed.
         "Yeah and your a sixteen year old man get a life!" Dally yelled back. The whole car minus Steve bursts out laughing at him. Jesus this is gonna be a long trip.

                           An hour later
          We have an hour left before we get home and the two in the back decided to sleep. It was pretty interesting while they were up though. Steve ended up throwing his shirt out the window on accident. He claims he was hot. Two-bit might've got a concussion from practically being a spring and hitting the top of the car. Dally and I just talked about everything. I found out he only went to school until he was ten and dropped out at eleven. He found out I have a sister. I never talk about her. My parents sent her away when she was two because they could barely handle me. Just another one of the hard subjects that don't get brought up often.
         Dally decided to pull over for gas causing a yelp from two-but cause he thought we were in the middle of the road. I don't understand this man. Dally filled his tank then got into the car to continue what's been going on.

                            An hour later
          We finally arrived home. Dally decided it would be best to just drop me off at my aunts house so I could rest. We both got out of the car and he walked me to the door. The impatient Two-bit and Steve just walked to the Curtis house from my house. I mean it's only two houses away.
          "So um Cali I was wondering after that trip would you want to be my girl?" He asked with a slight grin on his face.
           "I would have to think about it. Uh yes!" I jumped up and kissed his forehead. He then continued and kissed me.
           "Bye Cal." He waved already walking away.
            "Bye Dal." I said leaning against my door. "What are you doing to me Winston?" I asked myself under my breath.

❤️Sorry for this short chapter❤️