Chapter Twenty Six: Dairy Queen

One week later-
       I've been experiencing morning sickness this week and it's been literal hell. I was being shaken awake by very strong arms. "I'm up!" I yell with my eyes still shut.
       "Cali get up I decided we're going to see pony and Johnny today." Dally told me. My eyes shot open and I say myself up.
        "I'm up." I state then walk over to the closet to pick something out. I put on a red baggy t-shirt some jeans and to top it off a beautiful red jacket (picture above). I walked into the bathroom to brush my teeth and hair as Dally slowly followed me. I began to brush my teeth as he wrapped his arms around my waist.
        "You're adorable." He said as he rested his head on my shoulder.
        I spit out the toothpaste, "your an idiot." I laugh.

        Dally jumped lead me outside and jumped into a car. I followed him and jumped in as well. "Like my new car?" Dally asked smiling.
        "Um yea but how did you afford it?" I ask glancing around the car.
        "Well you don't need too much money to steal." He chuckled.
        "Should've figured." I laughed with him. "Now floor it." I say.
        "If you say so doll." Sally smiles then hits the gas pedal as hard as he could. I was taken aback and my back slammed against the chair. "You said floor it so i floored it." He grinned.
        "Yeah whatever." I scoff.

        The car ride was technically long. It was about an hour and a half but being with dally made it feel like ten minutes. "I love you." I said randomly looking at him. Although we already said our first I love you's something seemed different about this one.
        "I love you too doll." He said turning the car onto a grassy plain.
        "When do you want to get married?" I asked out of the blue.
        "Doll I'll marry you anytime. I'll marry right now if that's what you want." I blushed. I know Dally truly did care but hearing statements like that make my heart skip a couple beats and my stomach get this weird feeling almost like I love him all over again.
        "I want a small yet proper wedding." I stayed as we started to get closer to the church where Pony and Johnny were located.
        "What do you mean by proper?" He asked stopping the car.
        "I want to do it in like a chapel or something planned and have the whole gang there and wear a white dress that makes the room focus on me." I say looking him into the eyes.
        "You do that in no matter what you wear but that's what we'll do." He said as I blushed once more. "Your cute when you blush. Now let's go see them."
        "Okay!" I smiled. We hopped out of the car and headed up to this small run down church on top of a tiny grassy hill. We wandered around the sides of the church but we couldn't find an entrance. Dally peeped into the window.
        "There's a door over there." He whispered. We walked over to the other side of the church and slowly entered. "Rise and shine!" Dally said kicking the pews the two were laying down on.
         "We're up!" Ponyboy yelled standing up revealing bleach blonde hair that sat over his face.
         "Hey blondie I have a not for ya." Dally said handing Ponyboy a piece a paper folded up to appear to be tiny.
         "Who from?" He asked not looking inside.
         "The president." He laughed. "Nah it's from your brother Sodapop I tried telling him I didn't know where you were but he didn't believe me." I stood there quietly in the corner as Dally made his way by Johnny. "Hey Johnny gotta cancer stick?" He asked. Johnny searched his pocket and handed Dally a cigarette dally nodded implying thank you. Dally sat down on the chair that was burnt into half of a chair. "Come here doll." Dally said signaling me over.
          I walked over and sat on his lap removing the cigarette from his mouth and taking a puff. "How ya doin Johnny?" I asked smiling.
         "I could be better." He showed a faded smile.
          "Dally ya got hauled in?" Pony said folding his note up.
          "The cops know me too well. They wanted to know if I had anything to do with this they didn't believe when I said no so get this they think your heading for Texas, Texas man." Dally said rubbing my back while laughing.
         "Well do you guys want to get some food?" I asked.
         "Definitely we're starving you try having balgona for a week straight." Pony said fake gagging.
         "Well let's go get food then." I said leading them to the car. Dally and I were sitting in the same spots as last time while pony and Johnny sat behind us. Dally recklessly drove to the nearest Dairy Queen ordering all of us burgers.

        "Did I tell you that one broad pony tried to pick up is willing to tell people that you guys only used self defense." Dally said smiling at the two. They just nodded then continued to eat.
     As we sat there in peace eating our food Johnny broke the silence. "Dally I wanna go back." He commanded.
        "Back to the church?" Dally asked turning around definitely confused.
        "No back home back in Tulsa." Johnny started. "It's not good for soda and Darry to worry about pony. I wanna go back." He said once more.