Chapter Twenty Five: Tough Love

Current time Cali's p.o.v
As I was sitting there bummed out that practically two of my brothers gone missing I couldn't help but notice dally acting surprisingly chill. I know dally has his tough coat especially around the gang but Johnny is special. I know he cares deeply for both of them but for the longest time Johnny was his number one. The only thing he lived for. Man if Johnny wasn't here I wonder what'd happen.
"We're going to go. We're making breakfast in like twenty minutes if you want to come?" Sodapop suggested.
"We'll be there." I smiled knowing how hard this must be on Soda. Soda seems extremely happy and bubbly all the time but it's all just one big act. Sodapop has been dealing with a lot more than most people know and quite honestly he's one of the toughest people I know. Sure Daly can beat someone and shows his cold stone appearance but it takes a lot more guts to be handling so much but your able to force a smile. Soda lost his parents eight months ago and although his brothers did too Soda has been looking out for Pony and letting him sleep in his room even though he's hurting too. Also to top that he just found out his girlfriend cheated on him and is moving away. He really just needs someone to talk to but now his brother runs away and he doesn't know if he'll ever see him again. Man must be tough.
It must be tough for all of the gang really. Two-Bit was always really close to Ponyboy. He himself is already depressed. You would think all of those beers are for enjoyment but really he's drinking his problems away. I haven't talked much to him but Dally is always there to inform me on what I miss. A lot of people judge the gang for being low life's as they'd call us but really were just people with bad past trying to find a decent future.
I wouldn't think Steve would take it super bad knowing Pony and Johnny ran away. Sure he cares for them both well Johnny more than Ponyboy but I think the only way this would affect him so much is that his best friend now is practically missing too. Not Johnny or Ponyboy, soda. With Ponyboy gone Soda is now going to lose the smile we all secretly adore which will cause Steve to fall into the small hole Soda fell into.
That's practically the whole gang except Dally, Darry, and I. I know I'm extremely upset. I've gotten really close to the two over these past months and now they just up and disappear. Dally doesn't seem like he's taking it hard which I find shocking but I guess dallys Dally.
With practically all of the gang bummed out and moping around that'll cause Darry to be upset. Sure he's already upset and angry that his brother ran away I mean who wouldn't be but to top it off he is almost losing his whole family by the gang acting how they'd act. Moral of the story is that we need to find them and we need to do it soon.

"Man I wonder where they could be." I say out loud.
"Me too." Dally says in an almost fake tone.
"What do you know winston?" I say suspiciously.
"What happened to calling me love?" Dally asks dancing around the topic of them.
"Cut the crap what do you know!" I command.
"I know nothing Jesus!" He throws his hands up in surrender.
"Boyfriends shouldn't lie but whatever Winston." I say getting off of the bed clearly frustrated.
"How can- never mind but what do you want to know, maybe I'll have an answer." He says like he's making some business deal.
"Where'd they go?" I ask skipping past every other detail.
"Wow you see right through me." He laughed. "I sent them on train out to windrixville but you can't tell the gang or those two could be in a whirl of trouble." Dally says looking up at me.
"But why?" I say moving back towards the bed and sitting besides him. Dally told me everything. From the movies where Ponyboy befriended a socs , to later that night where her boyfriend tried killing him and Johnny saved his life. Wow they sure got themselves into a lot of trouble. "I'm coming with you." I state.
"To where exactly?" Dally asked mockingly.
"Windrixville." I replied.
"Fine Whatever you can come doll." Dally says. "Now get up because you signed us up to go and eat breakfast." He sighed.
"Yeah I know I'm such a monster." I laughed out.
"Sure ya are." He laughs coming to pick me up.

After we got up and ready we'll Dally because I was already dressed we headed to the Curtis house. We walked right into the house seeing everyone bummed out. "Hey guys." I say entering .
"Hey." They all sadly mumble.
"Guys I hate to see you like this I'm sure wherever Pony and Johnny are their probably safe I mean their both really smart kids." I state.
"Cali did you not hear what they did." Steve said rudely.
"I did but it was self defense." I say frustrated.
"Yea so killing someone is killing someone okay Cali!" Steve yelled getting up.
"They would've killed Ponyboy if Johnny wouldn't of done something so instead of standing up for the Socs why don't you bypass your fued with Pony and show some sympathy!" I yelled back.
"Yeah whatever." Steve huffed as he walked out the door and sat on the porch.
"Steve's known a little more tough love." Soda forced a tiny smile as he followed him outside.
"Cali why don't you go sit." Darry said. I followed his instructions and went to sit on the couch Dally sat on the other end then took my feet and placed them on his lap.
"Why don't you just nap till foods ready you seem a little out of it." Dally told me. I haven't even noticed that I was feeling a little sick. I decided to listen and fall asleep.