when i wake up with you

(Timothée's POV)

A ray of sunlight slips in through the window and falls on Y/N's beautiful face, casting her in a golden light. I watch her chest rise and fall slowly with her breathing. I wonder what she's dreaming about. Is she dreaming of me?

Last night I took Y/N to her favorite restaurant and ice cream parlor to celebrate our 10 month anniversary. Between press tours and filming, I haven't had much time to spend with my favorite girl, but last night we finally got some time for just the two of us.

A piece of her soft Y/H/C (your hair color) hair falls across her freckled face. I lift my hand slowly to push it back behind her ear, trying my best not to wake her.

I take the time to observe her features. Her soft skin, her long eyelashes, her rosy cheeks. She always gets embarrassed when I admire her while she's awake, so I take the time while she sleeps to do it.

"Y/N," I whisper, "I love you so much. I know I say it all the time, but I mean it. I've never felt this way about anyone before. I hate being apart from you. I've been dying these past few months because I haven't been able to wake up next to you. The first thing I see in the mornings hasn't been your gorgeous face and the first thing I hear hasn't been your raspy morning voice. It kills me, Y/N, to be away from you. I want to wake up with you for the rest of my life."

I know Y/N can't hear a thing I'm saying because she's still asleep, but I say it anyways. It feels nice to let it all out.

(Your POV)

My heartbeat picks up as I listen to what Timothée says. My eyes are still closed and I'm pretending to sleep, but I can hear everything he says. Butterflies erupt in my stomach as I think of how he must look right now: his eyes staring into mine, his curly hair falling over his forehead, his freckles dotting his pale face. I can't take it anymore, I can't pretend to sleep for much longer.

I start to stir in my spot, making him think I'm starting to wake up. Timothée immediately stops talking and my heart drops a little. As much as I want to actually see him, I kind of liked hearing him talk about me the way he did. Before I open my eyes, I scoot myself closer to him, pressing my face into his warm, bare chest. I listen to his steady heartbeat and feel his strong arms wrap around my torso. His lips softly kiss the top of my head, lingering for a moment.

"Good morning, baby," Timothée whispers into my hair.

"Good morning," I reply with a "raspy morning voice" as Timothée called it.

I pull away slightly so I can look into my boyfriend's eyes. When he stares back, I can feel my cheeks getting rosier. Even after 10 months, I still get butterflies when he looks at me.

"You look gorgeous, as always," Timothée says.

"Thank you, you don't look too shabby yourself, mister."

Timothée chuckles before puckering his lips, waiting for a kiss.

I lean in and peck his lips quickly. "Come on, that's all I get?" Timothée pouts. I laugh before leaning in for a deeper kiss. "Now that's more like it."

A silence passes between us, and I take the opportunity to tell Timothée that I heard what he said when he thought I was sleeping.

"Hey, Timothée?" I say.

"Yes?"

"I want to wake up next to your for the rest of my life, too." A smile spreads across my face as I watch him start to fidget.

"You, you, uhh... you heard that?"

"Yup."

"Like all of it?"

"All of it."

"Oh god, I-"

"Stop. I loved it. It was sweet. I feel the same way about you, you know."

Timothée's face relaxes and soon he smiles too.

"Really?"

I nod and lean in for another kiss.

"Really. I want to wake up with you every day, Timothée."

***

author's note:

hello!

i hope u enjoyed! this is kinda rushed because i didn't have much time to write it, but i still think it's sweet. what do u think?

i take requests! if u have a specific imagine you'd like me to write, send me a message. all requirements are in the part of this story titled "requests"

also, check out my mena massoud imagines, i have a bunch over there!

thanks for reading! dont forget to like, share, and follow for more! have an awesome day!

much love, lyra <3