surprise! *request*

requested by @sselenaar ! enjoy love! <3

(Your POV)

Sitting on the couch, I flip aimlessly through the channels, finding nothing interesting to watch. Deciding I've had enough TV for the day, I pick up my phone and dial my best friend's number. After a few rings, she picks up.

"Hey, Y/N, what's up?" Y/B/F says happily.

"Nothing, I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out today. Maybe we can grab lunch or something?" I suggest.

"Um, I can't hang out today."

"What? Why? I thought you took the day off today."

"Well, I did, but- shh, I'm on the phone, be quiet," Y/B/F says, clearly talking to someone else.

"Who is that?" I ask, curious as to who she is with right now.

"No one!" Y/B/F replies defensively. After, I hear someone else talking to her. It sounds like... Timothée?

"Is Timmy there?" I ask.

"No! Why- why would you think that?"

"I don't know, I just thought I heard him."

"Oh. Nope. Not him. But anyways, I can't hang out today. Is tomorrow good?"

"Um sure."

"Great. Well I have to go, but talk to you later!"

Y/B/F immediately hangs up, not giving me a chance to say goodbye. That was definitely a weird phone call. She wouldn't be with Timothée, right? Of course not, she's my best friend, she'd never do something like that to me. I believe her when she says she isn't with Timothée.

Still bored, I decide to call Timothée. If Y/B/F can't go out with me, maybe my boyfriend can. I dial in his number and he answers immediately.

"Hey, baby, what's up?" Timothée says.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go to lunch with me today. I asked Y/B/F but she can't."

"I'd love to baby, but I have a bunch of meetings today," Timothée says unconvincingly.

"Oh.. okay," I respond, clearly disappointed.

"I promise I'll make it up to you."

"I know," I say. "Well, I don't want to keep you on the phone. Have fun at your meetings."

Timothée and I say our goodbyes, but I don't miss a girl's voice in the background right before I hang up.

My mind instantly starts to think that Y/B/F is with him, but I shake the feeling. I know they wouldn't do that to me.

*****
The next day...
*****

The hostess leads me to a table near the back of the restaurant, where Y/B/F is already waiting. She is quickly typing on her phone, a nervous look on her face.

When I arrive at the table, I say a quick hello.

"Hey, Y/B/F," I say.

"Oh! Y/N! Hey girl!" Y/B/F stands up and gives me a tight hug.

I then sit down at the table, and notice how Y/B/F is shifting awkwardly in her seat.

"You okay?"

"Huh? Yeah I'm fine. Why do you ask?"

"You've just been acting a little weird lately," I say. "You know you can tell me anything, right?"

"I know, but I promise I'm okay. Work is just busy, that's all."