classmate *request*

requested by @kaylaantaki ! hope you like it luv! <3

(Your POV)

Someone shaking me wakes me up from my sleep. When I open my eyes and adjust to the light, I see my mother standing over me with an annoyed expression on her face.

"Y/N! Why are you still sleeping? You have the first day of school this morning and it's already 7:00."

"Shit," I mumble under my breath, but my mom still hears it.

"Hey, language! Now get ready, we're leaving in ten minutes."

My mom leaves and I quickly get ready for school, trying to pick out a somewhat nice outfit but realizing that nothing really matches. I don't have much time to change, though. After I finish getting ready, I run downstairs and hop into the car. Mom pulls out of the driveway and before I know it, we are at the school.

"Have a good first day, honey," Mom says as she parks in front of the entrance.

"Mom, please don't make me go. I hate it in there."

"You'll be okay. You have to go. And besides, you'll be able to see your friends again."

"I was hanging out with my friends all summer."

"Fine. Then make new friends. But go! I have to get to work."

"Okay. Bye," I say a bit snarkily.

I get out of the car and walk to the front entrance. I'm not surprised to see the halls mostly empty when I get there; there's one minute until the bell rings and since it's the first day, everyone wants to make a good impression on their new teachers.

Wait... there's only one minute left! I take a look at my schedule and notice that my classroom is on the other side of the school, so I begin running through the halls, weaving through the last few stragglers at their lockers. No matter how fast I run, though, the bell beats me. I arrive to my class just seconds after the bell rings, and as soon as I step in, everyone in class looks at me.

As I scan the faces nearby, I notice that I have no friends in the class, either. Great.

"Good morning, Miss..." the teacher begins.

"Y/L/N. Y/N  Y/L/N," I say.

"Well, Miss Y/L/N, welcome to my chemistry class. I hope this isn't a daily occurrence."

"It won't be, trust me. I'm so sorry."

"I'll let it slide today. But since you're the last one here, you don't get to pick your seat. You can take the empty one right over there," the teacher says, pointing across the room to the one empty chair left.

Of course it's next to him. Timothée Chalamet. I've had a crush on him since freshman year, but he has no clue who I am. He's the cutest and sweetest kid in school. Now I get to sit next to him all year and make a fool of myself.

Nodding, I walk over to the empty chair and sit down, putting my backpack on the floor besides me.

"Hey," Timothée says.

"Hi," I respond, not looking at him.

"Lucky you. You got stuck with me as your lab partner all year."

"Well, I think you're the one in trouble. I suck at chemistry, so you may be the one doing all the experiments while I watch from a safe distance."

Timothée chuckles and is about to respond when the teacher interrupts us.

"Excuse me, did I make a mistake putting you there, Miss Y/L/N? Because I can move you to the front of the room at your own desk."

"No, no that's okay. I'm sorry, it won't happen again."