going undercover

(Your POV)

"I'm sorry, Timothée, I can't go for lunch," I say into the phone. "I have class."

"Come on, babe. Please? Just half an hour," Timothée pleads.

"Sorry, can't happen. I'll see you tomorrow, love you," I says. Timothée says "I love you, too," and I hang up the phone.

I wish I could spend time with him. Ever since school started and Timothée has started filming again, we have barely had any time to be together. I miss our movie nights, dinners in the car, and dates across the city. But I'm so busy trying to get my degree that dates are harder and harder to plan.

I snap out of my thoughts and check the time on my phone. Shit! Class starts in two minutes. I run across campus and make it into my English class just before I'm too late.

I try to focus on my professor's lecture about Shakespeare, but my mind keeps wandering to my boyfriend.

"Ms. Y/L/N!" the professor yells. "Can you answer my question please?"

"Uummm, it's, uh. Romeo. Romeo Montague."

"I asked what the passage on page 25 means. Also, we're reading Hamlet. Not Romeo and Juliet. Pay attention or you'll be kicked out."

"Yes, of course, sir. It won't happen again."

For the rest of class, I try my best to listen to the professor, but every once in a while I start thinking about Timothée.

"Alright class, good job. Well most of you," the professor says, turning his attention to me for the second part. "Homework tonight is to read Act III Scene I and come in with notes for discussion. You are dismissed."

As soon as he finishes talking, I grab my bag and race out of the door. I check my phone once I get outside and see a Snapchat notification from Timothée. It's a photo of him wearing a backpack standing in front of a building. Wait- I think I recognize that building...

I turn my gaze away from my phone and look across the campus. There it is! The same building in Timothée's photo! That means he's here!

I put my phone in my pocket and hurry over to the building. As I get closer, I can see Timothée standing there with his arms outstretched and a smile on his face. When I reach him, I run into his arms and hug him tightly.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, out of breath from running across campus.

"I wanted to hang out with you. And I know, I know. You're busy. I thought I could help you study. Oh, and I brought snacks."

"How did you even get in here?"

"I dressed up like a student. I figured they wouldn't let a random person on campus so I'm pretending that I'm a student."

"What if someone recognizes you?"

"Hopefully they don't!"

I laugh and kiss him on the lips quickly. "I'm so glad you came. Let's go!" I grab Timothée's hand and practically drag him to my dorm room. Luckily my roommate is in class, so we have time to spend alone.

"Welcome to my humble abode," I say when we enter. I realize that this is the first time Timothée has seen my room. "What do you think?"

"I like it. But I'd like it better if I was the roommate..." he says suggestively. I playfully punch his arm and roll my eyes.

"So, what are we studying?" Timothée asks me.

"Hamlet. Act III Scene I. Wanna read it with me?"

"Yep. Let's start."

For the next half hour, Timothée and I read the script together and take notes. It's amazing how fun homework is when you're doing it with someone you love.

"And voila! Done." Timothée says, tossing the book on the table and jumping on the bed.

"Thanks for helping me," I say.

"Of course. Now it's time to relax. Come here." Timothée motions for me to join him on the bed. I squeeze on, but it's tight since the bed isn't very big.

"Sorry it's so squished," I say.

"Are you kidding? I'm loving this. It means I get to be closer to my favorite person."

I blush and smile at Timothée.

"I love you, Y/N. So much," Timothée says.

"I love you too."

***

hi!

hope you enjoyed! i really like this one, i think it's pretty unique. :)

check out my mena massoud imagines, too! i am trying to stay up to date on both stories, so bear with me if it takes a little long to update.

thanks for reading! don't forget to like, follow, and share for more imagines!

much love, lyra <3