bedtime stories

(Your POV)

"Alright kids, time for bed," I say as I shut off the TV as the movie comes to an end.

"Aw, come on Mom. Just one more? Please?" My son, Eli, pleads.

"I'm sorry bud, but it's already way past your bedtime. We can watch another movie tomorrow, I promise," I compromise.

"But I'm not tired at all. There's no way I'll be able to fall asleep," my daughter Celeste says.

"How about a bedtime story?" Timothée, my husband says.

As soon as he says that, Eli and Celeste both smile.

"Yay! Daddy has the best bedtime stories," Celeste says.

"Well I can only share them with you if you go to your room right now. Save a spot on the bed for Mommy and I!"

Celeste and Eli make a mad dash towards Celeste's bedroom. I can hear them squeal as they jump onto her bed and get into comfortable positions.

"You always know just what they need," I say to Timothée, wrapping my arms around the back of his neck. He pulls me in close and kisses my forehead.

"Yeah, well I'm kinda like Superdad, so..." Timothée says. I laugh and roll my eyes. "And you're definitely Supermom. I guess we're both Superparents."

I kiss Timothée on the lips, savoring the way his lips feel against mine.

"Mommy! Daddy! We want to hear a bedtime story!" Eli yells, pulling Timothée and I out of our own little world.

"Coming!" Timothée yells back. He takes my hand and we walk down the hall and to Celeste's room.

Timothée sits right in between Eli and Celeste, and they immediately snuggle right up to him. I take my place beside Celeste, and I feel her small hand wrap around mine.

"What kind of bedtime story do you want to hear tonight?" Timothée asks.

"Something romantic!" Celeste exclaims.

"Bleh! Gross. Not romantic. I want some action. Superheroes!" Eli says.

The two start bickering about who has the better idea, but Timothée comes up with a compromise to make them both happy.

"What about a story about two superheroes who fall in love?" Timothée suggests.

"Ooh! Yeah!" Celeste says.

"I guess," Eli replies.

"Alright, settle in," Timothée says. Celeste and Eli once again make themselves comfortable, eager to hear what Timothée comes up with.

"Once upon a time, on a planet way off in another galaxy, there was a superhero named Star Ranger, and he was the strongest man in the galaxy. One day, Star Ranger was saving an old lady when another superhero named Phantom appeared to help him. Star Ranger took one look at her and saw that she was the most beautiful woman in the universe. After they saved the old woman from an evil butterfly named Sir Flaps-A-Lot," Timothée begins. Celeste bursts out laughing before he can even finish the sentence.

"What's so funny?" Timothée asks.

"Sir... Flaps... a-lot..." Celeste says through fits of laughter. "That's so funny. You're so funny, Daddy."

"Why thank you, Celeste. May I continue now?" Timothée asks once Celeste finally settles down. She nods her head and he continues.

"When Star Ranger and Phantom saves the old lady from Sir Flaps-a-Lot, Star Ranger asked Phantom on a date. But she said no."

Timothée goes on to tell all the crazy details of the story, and as I sit there listening to him, I realize something: Timothée is telling them the story of our relationship, except in the form of superheroes saving the universe. He is Star Ranger and I'm Phantom. I admire each word that comes out of his mouth. He looks over at me constantly throughout the story, hoping I pick up on what he's doing.

By the end of the story, Eli and Celeste are both dozing off.

"Finally, Phantom agreed to go on a date with Star Ranger. He was so happy because he could finally date the most beautiful, smart, and awesome woman in the universe. Then, they lived happily ever after, loving each other for the rest of forever."

At that point, Eli and Celeste are both completely knocked out. Timothée and I slip out from besides them, careful not to wake them up. We tiptoe out of the bedroom and make our way to our own room.

"I think that was my favorite bedtime story yet," I say once we get in bed.

"And why's that?" Timothée asks.

"Because it's about us."

"I knew you'd pick up on it. So, what do you think? We make some pretty badass superheroes, huh?"

"Oh definitely. But I'd rather be Supermom and Superdad in this world than anyone else."

"Me too. I love you, Y/N."

"I love you more, Timothée."

Timothée wraps me up in his arms and I fall asleep listening to the beating of his heart, his bedtime story playing over in my head.

***

hello! i'm still alive! sorry it's taken an eternity to upload this. my life has been crazy lately and i wanted to deal with all that before i posted again.

on that note, i have a few imagines that i will be uploading tonight as an apology for no uploads in forever.

btw... anyone watching the oscars tonight mostly to see timothee like me?? lol

okie dokie, i'll end this here. thx for reading! pls like, share, and follow me for more!

much love, lyra <3