movie stars

(Timothée's POV)

I stand in the hotel lobby, my feet tapping nervously on the marble tile. I can hear paparazzi shouting just outside, but I ignore them. Instead, I keep my eyes glancing between my watch and the grand staircase in the center of the lobby, waiting for Y/N.

I'm in LA for the premiere of my newest movie, and my costar Y/N Y/L/N and I decided to wear matching outfits. We aren't going as a couple, just friends. Although I wish more than anything we were a couple. I've had a huge crush on Y/N since the day I met her, but I couldn't ever admit that to her. The only person I could bring myself to tell it about was Armie.

Speaking of Armie, he's standing a few feet away from me with a dangerous smirk on his face.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I ask Armie.

"What ever could you mean?" He asks.

"You know exactly what I mean," I respond, looking back at the stairs.

"Ohhh, I'm just thinking about how absolutely whipped you are."

"I am not," I respond defensively.

"Are to."

"Am not."

"Are to."

Finally I stop, shooting a deadly glare at Armie. Why is he like this? "Fine. Maybe I am a little," I admit begrudgingly.

"Dude, just tell her how you feel. What's the worst that can happen?" Armie says.

"Hmm, I don't know. Maybe her laughing in my face and then never speaking to me again because I made things super unnecessarily awkward between us."

"I don't think she'd do that, Timothée. You're overthinking it."

"She's way out of my league," I say. "A girl like Y/N would never go for me in a million years. Real life doesn't work out like that."

"But I think this time it will. I've seen the way she looks at you Timothée. I'm pretty sure Y/N feels the same. But you'll never know if you don't try."

I just sigh, not responding to Armie. He's right, I should at least tell her. But the thought of being rejected by the best woman I've ever met is terrifying.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when I hear the sound of heels clicking against the marble tile at the top of the stairs. When I look up, my jaw drops. Y/N is standing at the top of the stairs wearing a beautiful silk gown. She looks absolutely stunning, and when she sees me waiting for her at the bottom, a huge smile spreads across her face. God, I could look at that smile forever.

As I watch Y/N walk down the stairs, life seems to be moving in slow motion

As I watch Y/N walk down the stairs, life seems to be moving in slow motion. It's like a scene straight from a movie, but this is real life. She moves effortlessly, beauty and grace dripping off of her.