talk to me like one of your french girls

(Your POV)

I grab the bowl of popcorn from the kitchen counter and head to the living room, where Timothée is already waiting on the couch. He has a big fuzzy blanket and Titanic loaded on the TV.

I sit next to Timothée and cuddle up with him. He wraps his arm around my shoulder and kisses my cheek.

"Ready?" he asks with the remote in hand.

"You know it!" I reply. Titanic is one of my favorite movies because young Leo is so good looking. Oh yeah, and the plot is good, too.

Timothée presses play and the movies begins. I snuggle closer to him and begin to relax as he plays with my hair.

We watch the movie in silence, except for our occasional comments here and there.

It's now the scene where Rose lays on the velvet couch and asks Jack to paint her like one of his French girls. I giggle quietly.

"What's so funny?" Timothée asks, looking down at me with a confused look on his face.

"Nothing..."

"Come on, you have to tell me now."

After a few more minutes of pleading, you finally say what you were thinking.

"Timothée, speak to me like one of your French girls." I burst out laughing at my stupid joke. It's not even that funny, but for some reason I can't contain my laughter. Tears well in my eyes from laughing so hard.

Timothée gives me a weird look before he starts laughing, too. Soon enough, Timothée and I are laughing so hard we can barely breathe, all over the world's dumbest joke. We finally calm down, are cheeks and bellies hurting from the constant laughter.

I settle back into Timothée's side, resting my head on his shoulder. A few minutes later, Timothée starts talking.

"Vous avez un beau sourire," Timothée says, still watching the TV. (You have a beautiful smile.)

(a/n guys i don't speak french i keep trying to get it right but obvs it isn't happening so pls stop telling me i'm wrong! i truly appreciate the help but idc about fixing it anymore. thx!!)

"What?" I question, lifting my head and looking at him.

"Tu as un beau rire," Timothée repeats, a smirk forming on his face.

"What are you doing?"

"Je vous parle comme une de mes filles françaises," Timothée responds, meeting my eyes. I finally get what he's doing. He's speaking to me like one of his French girls.

"Ooohhh, I get it!" I say, smiling at his satisfied reaction. "Tell me something else."

"What do you want to hear?"

"Anything. Everything."

"Okay. How about this? Tu es la plus belle fille queen j'ai jamais rencontrée et je t'aime tellemente."

I watch with dreamy eyes as Timothée speaks the most beautiful language, making it seem so effortless.

"What did you say?" I whisper, afraid that if I speak too loud it will ruin the moment.

"You are the most beautiful girl I have ever met and I love you so much," he responds.

"Really?" I ask. He nods his head.

Tears start to well in my eyes once more, except this time it isn't from laughter. This time, they are there because I have the most handsome, sweet, funny guy on the planet.

"Come on, baby, don't cry," Timothée says with a slight laugh as he wipes the tears from my cheek.

"I can't help it! You're too sweet to me."

"It's the truth."

I stare into Timothée's eyes. The movie still plays in the background, but I don't hear it. All I hear is my heart thumping out of my chest. Timothée's eyes quickly glance at my lips and I take my chance.

I lean in and kiss him passionately. Timothée holds my cheeks in his hands and the world seems to fade away. It's only me and Timothée now. We pull apart, breaths heavy, and rest our foreheads against each other.

"Je t'aime, Y/N," Timothée says.

"Je t'aime, Timothée."

***
a/n:

greetings and salutations!

i hope you enjoyed! i got this idea a few days ago and loved it a lot. i think it's pretty cute. ;)

i take requests! if you have one, message me and i will write it for you!

i also have an imagines book for mena massoud which has a lot more imagines. there's one for tom holland, too, but there's nothing there yet... oops!

well, thanks for reading! please follow, vote, and share!

much love, lyra <3