lake house *request*

this was requested by @aesthetichal ! i hope you like it! <3

(Your POV)

A car horn honks from outside and I pick up my duffel bag, scurrying out of my house and locking the door behind me. Y/B/F, my best friend in the entire world, is waiting in her car for me. When she sees me, she rolls down her window and squeals.

"Ahhhh, Y/N! Ready to party at the lake this weekend?!" She asks eagerly, a huge smile on her face.

"You know it. I desperately need this vacation."

"You and me both," Y/B/F agrees. "Get in, let's go!"

I toss my bag into the trunk of the car and then slide into the passenger seat, reaching over the center console to give Y/B/F a quick hug. I buckle up and Y/B/F peels out of the driveway.

After driving for a little while, we pull into a long and winding dirt driveway. At the end of the driveway sits a small but beautiful log cabin overlooking the peaceful lake. There's a dock extending from the shore with jet skis and a boat.

"Wow, this is stunning," I say as the car comes to a stop at the end of the driveway. I reach for the door handle, eager to get out of the car and dip my toes in the water, but I feel Y/B/F's hand gently grab my arm, stopping me.

"Wait, before we get out I have something to tell you," Y/B/F says. She looks a bit nervous.

"Okay," I respond hesitantly. "Is something wrong? Should I be worried?"

"No no no, not at all. I just wanted to let you know that there will be two other people joining us this week."

"What? I thought it was just you and I," I say, confusion etched into my face.

"Well it was going to be just the two of us, but then Jeffrey asked if he could tag along," Y/B/F explains, referring to another close friend of ours. "So I said yes. And then Timothée heard and asked if he could come."

"Please tell me you said no to him," I beg, my heart speeding up at the mere mention of Timothée's name.

Timothée and I have had a complicated history to say the least. For months after we first met, all of our mutual friends tried setting us up on a date together, but neither of us really wanted to. Eventually we caved and went on a date, but it was disastrous. The details aren't important, but let's just say I discovered some feelings for Timothée I hadn't previously felt. When I admitted them to him, he didn't reciprocate. I was left utterly embarrassed and ashamed, and our relationship has been rocky ever since.

"That's the thing. He's coming," Y/B/F admits, squinting her eyes as she awaits the wrath I'm about to unleash on her.

"Are you kidding me?! Why would you do that? Do you know how awkward and uncomfortable this whole weekend will be now? Don't you remember what happened between us? I embarrassed myself so much. I can hardly spend a night out with him, never mind a whole weekend in a secluded lake house with him,"
I say.

"I know, I know. But Y/N, I see the way you look at him still. And I see the way he looks at you. There's chemistry there. Maybe this week is what you two need."

My cheeks flush bright red. "Pfft, I don't have feelings for him anymore. They're long gone," I say. That's a lie, I definitely do still have feelings for him, but Y/B/F doesn't know that. And I don't think I could ever say that to Timothée, either. Last time I opened up I was humiliated. "And besides, there's no way Timothée has feelings for me. He made that very clear."

"But that was a year ago. Things change."

"Not his feelings. Whatever, I'm going to go enjoy the little peace and freedom I have before the boys get here," I say, opening the car door.