afterparty *request*

this was requested by @xxinfinitydreamerxx ! enjoy! :)

(Your POV)

The Oscars ceremony ends and people begin to rush out of the theater and to their limousines so they can head to the Vanity Fair Afterparty. Getting swept up in the crowd, I make my way to the limo and get in, my agent, publicist, and the rest of my team right behind me.

As soon as the door to the limo closes, I take out my phone and begin texting Timothée.

Me: I wish we could've sat together at the ceremony

Timothée: me too. but at least we'll see each other at the afterparty, right?

Me: That's the thing... what will everyone say?

While I wait for Timothée to respond, I reflect on the relationship we have. Timothée and I have been talking for a long time now. Ever since we first met, there's been an undeniable romantic spark between us. Both of us want to make it official, but we don't want the media to ruin it all. We both are afraid that fans will come after us and be upset over our relationship.

Timothée: who cares what they think. i like you, you like me. it's our decision and nobody else's.

I leave Timothée on read. I know he's right, but I have a bad habit of caring too much about what people think. I just don't want this to turn into something it's not.

Before I know it, we are at the Vanity Fair Afterparty. Dozens of limos line the street in front of the hotel where the party is taking place, and paparazzi are standing at the entrance ready to snap shots of each celebrity walking in.

When I step out of the limo, the lights start flashing and I hear people calling my name from all different directions. I can't make out every question being hurled at me, but there is one I do hear.

"Y/N! Are you and Timothée Chalamet dating?" a reporter calls out from somewhere in the crowd.

I do as I'm told by my publicist and keep walking without responding to the question, but I can't help but start to panic a little. How does she know about us?

Once inside the hotel, I take a step to the side and lean against the wall in an empty hallway. My mind starts swirling with questions.

How did she know about Timothée and I?

Did someone leak our relationship information?

What will people think?

In the midst of my slight panicking, I feel a someone tap my shoulder. When I look up, I see Timothée standing there with a smile on his face.

"Hello, beautiful. I missed you at the ceremony," he says.

I smile back at him, blushing at his sweet comment. "I missed you, too."

Something in my voice must have given away my nerves, because Timothée looks at my with concern etched into his features.

"Y/N? What's wrong?" Timothée questions.

I look down at my feet, suddenly embarrassed to be feeling this way.

"Nothing," I lie.

"Stop lying," Timothée says, seeing right through my façade. "Tell me what's wrong." Timothée lifts my chin with his finger so my eyes meet beautiful blue ones. I can see how concerned he his.

"When I was walking in, someone asked about you and I. And I know I shouldn't be panicking but I am. I just want people to accept our relationship," I say, tears starting to well in my eyes.

Timothée wipes away my tears and kisses my cheek.

"If you aren't ready, we don't have to let anyone know anything. But like I said, it's our relationship, not the rest of the worlds. The only opinions that matter are yours and mine. So if you aren't ready, we don't have to say anything," Timothée says.

Timothée is trying to be supportive, and for that I am so grateful. But I can also hear the hurt in his voice. I know he wants the world to know about us. I don't want him to think I'm embarrassed to be with him.

"You know what?" I say, standing up a little straighter and pasting a smile to my face. "Let's tell them. Let's go in as a couple." I take Timothée's hand in mine and squeeze it.

"What? Really?" Timothée perks up when I say that. "What made you change your mind?"

"I don't know. I saw how disappointed you seemed and I didn't want you to think I'm embarrassed to be seen with you. Because I'm definitely not. And in a healthy relationship, everyone makes sacrifices. You've let me keep this relationship in the dark since it began, now it's time for me to do this for you. And besides, you're right; it is about us. Not everyone else."

Timothée smiles even wider and hugs me tightly.

"And I also want to be able to do all the cute couple things with you in public," I say making him laugh.

"Let's do this," Timothée says.

He takes my hand once again and we walk out of the empty hallway, into the crowded entry way. He squeezes my hand reassuringly and gives me a smile.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Timothée asks.

"I'm positive."

We walk onto the red carpet inside the after party hand in hand. The paparazzi and reporters immediately direct their attention to us, hollering hundreds of questions.

Timothée leans in and whispers in my ear, "Want to make them really go crazy?"

I know exactly what he's thinking, so I smile and nod. Then, Timothée cups my cheek in his hand and leans in, kissing me softly on the lips. As soon as our lips connect, the rest of the world disappears. The shouting of paparazzi and flashing of cameras is suddenly gone. There are no other people around. It's just Timothée and I.

After pulling away, Timothée rests his forehead on mine and we just look at each other giggling. In one second, we managed to set the entire world ablaze.

And I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

***

hi! this was requested by the amazing @xxinfinitydreamerxx ! i hope you enjoy, i loved writing this! <3

if you have your own request, just pm me! i will happily write one for you! :)

thx so much for reading and supporting these imagines! we've grown so much in the past month, it's so crazy to imagine that this is almost at 1k likes and 60k reads! you guys are seriously sooo amazing!!!

have a wonderful day/night!

much love, lyra <3