Chapter 24.

Bianca's POV

Sunday mornings were always lazy and started off slow and steady. I would try to binge all the rest I could for the coming week. In the afternoons I tried to spend as much time as possible with my babies and in the evenings we would sleep early in preparation for the busy week ahead. Usually on Sundays and most weekends they insisted on sleeping with me.

However, today was very a very unusual Sunday. I had to prepare Isaac and Izzy for their first meeting with the de la Martinis and I wanted them look impressive.

I dressed them presentable but comfortable. If all hopes had failed, my priority was to have them comfortable because, trust me. You wouldn't want an irritated 3 year old at dinner.

As I was getting ready in my room Isaac and Izzy were having their breakfast as they watched TV together. As I headed down the staircase I overheard part of their heated discussion.

“He wath eathing her.” Izzy insisted. He was eating her.

“But people don't eat other people Izzy.” Isaac reasoned.

“Tho then what wath thathy doing then?” she asked. So then what was daddy doing then?

“Maybe he was telling her something?” He answered her question with one of his own.

“Telling her thomething in the mouth? Now that'th ju-th-t groth!” She exclaimed.  Telling her something in her mouth? Now that’s just gross

“ All done?” I asked interrupting their conversation.

“Yes Mommy!” They agreed in union.

“Lucas should be here any moment.” I informed them.

“You mean Daddy!” Isaac corrected.

“He's your Daddy! Not mine!” I inform him.

“Tho you are jutht going to call him Lucasth?” Izzy asks confused. So you are just going to call him Lucas?

“Yeah! What do you want me to call him?” I ask them.

They just glance at each other and shrug in response.

Just then, I was saved by the knock as we were startled by the sudden rattle of knuckles against the door.

Isabella and Isaac sprinted towards the door and reached before I could. Luckily, they weren't tall enough to reach the handle or the security chain that kept the door tightly secured.

I hurried after them and unlocked the door, opening in to reveal a casually dressed Lucas.

Izzy took both of us by surprise as she leaped for Lucas shouting “Thathy!”  Daddy!

Isaac followed in close second and Lucas picked both of them up effortlessly.

“Hello!” He greets directed at all three of us.

“How was your night?” He asks Izzy and Isaac as I open the door wider, allowing him entrance.

“It was fine!” They reply in union.

“Are you ready to get going?” he asks.

“Yeah! Let me just get their bag in my room. I'll find you in the car.” I tell them, and head upstairs.

#################################################

We had arrived long before dinner with the intention that Mr and Mrs de LA Mertini could spend time with their new grand children.
To my surprise the house was fully packed with relatives. I was under the impression that we were simply going for a family lunch; but it turns out we were heading for a welcome party. The house was even decorated, there were welcome banners around. Balloons and other child decorations were on display.
Ben and Gen where also present with Cathy and Caleb, and a handful of other relatives. I had a hard time mastering everyone's names and figuring out who was who but as time flew by I was getting accustomed to everyone.

Julian was Lucas's cousin who was married to Bernard, and they had four children Stacey, Stewart, Joe and Fransisco. They were aged 10, 6, 4 and 2 respectively.

Marc was also a close cousin, his wife died in child birth leaving him and his 4 year old son Cameron.

Lucas's parents had invited the other two families so that Isaac and Isabella would have plenty of company, which was very thoughtfull of them. It was a brilliant idea on their behalf because as soon as the children got to know their new cousins, or brother and sister as they put it, they kept each other occupied.

Miriam, Julian, Gen and myself busied our selves in the kitchen. Chatting and sharing recipes, kitchen secrets and helpful cheat tricks to use when cooking.

The men were outside by the pool area and had the meat roasting in an open fire. I over heard them talking about business when I went out to offer them some refreshment which they all gladly accepted.

Lucas and his dad didn't necessarily have beef with each other but they certainly weren't close. However, I did take a liking to Old Man Bo, as he called himself.

As I was heading back to the kitchen Lucas put his drink down and followed me into the mansion. Before I could reach the kitchen Lucas pulled me back and ducked into a room. He had me with my back against the door and his hands on either side of my face.

"Lucas what the hell do you think you're doing?"  I asked worried someone would be looking for either of us.

"Oh so childish! What does it look like I'm doing?" He retorted with a smirk.

"Someone will notice our absence." I tried to convince him.

"And I'm sure they'll understand." He teased on.

"Luc-" Before I could continue my protest, my voice died in my throat as his lips came crashing onto mine.

Despite the opposition my body betrayed me. As I parted my lips welcoming a swift sweep of his tongue into my mouth, subconsciously leaning into his touch, and the Earth froze on her axis.

I breathed out his name as he trailed kisses on my neck. Nicely wrapping his arms around me, pressing my body against his, then deepening the kiss.

My hands move to his chest placing my palms on his firm chest. Feeling the strong heartbeat pulse with every contraction and relaxation on the cardiac muscles.

I breath in the scent of his cologne, fresh and manly. I can't quite identify it, but it smells divine.

His scenthitting my nostrils, his arms securely around me, my eyes sealed shut, our laboured breathing in my ears, his heartbeat against my palm. Everything seems forgotten.

Until a chorus of our names are frantically being called.Panic immidiatly replaces the building pleasure, knocking it down like a heart of cards.

We pull apart and jolt out of the room to find Miriam and Bo rushing down the corridor searching for us, panic written all over their faces.

"Izzy got hurt as the kids were playing." Bo explains.

"Marc and Benard have taken a headstart rushing her to the hospital and Julian, Ben and Gen..." I had heard enough to spring into action. My mother instinct taking over the reigns.

In that moment all I knew was my kid was hurt and she needed me.

Lucas was close behind me and we frantically jumped into the car heading towards the hospital.

"Please be okay! Please be okay! Please be okay!" I chanted with tears rolling down my cheeks.

************************************************************
A/N

And there you have it folks! Trouble in Paradise!

Will Izzy get through her injury?? How severe was it? Is it going to reveal a terminal illness she might have??? Read on to find out!

Thank you lovlies for making it this far along this journey. Your reads comments and votes are highly appriciated. I really don't have enough words to express my gratitude.

I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter as much I have enjoyed writing it!

So long until Chapter 25.

Take good care and enjoy this festive season!

Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE!

Love,
L.

The caregiver's secretजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें