Cahpter 43.

Lucas's POV

"Lucas I don't have a good feeling about this man. He seems to shady and this just seems to good to be true." Dad tells me as we walk back into the building.

"Yeah we need to look into him, do a background check, before we make any deals with him." I agree.

"I'll call Josh and he can request for data sheets and books. He has a thing with numbers, he knows how to dig deep and find accounting loop holes. You know? like Ben always says lying is a tricky task." He says with a laugh.

The elevator dings and the doors open. We walk past my assistant, nodding in greating.

"Might I remind you we haven't had lunch Luca?" Dad asks seating in my chair.

"You can order something. I need to finish up so can I get home as soon as possible, not to mention I'm picking up the kids from school." I tell him.

"You know what son? You've been forgiven, you can't keep punishing yourself like this. You also need to take care of yourself." He tells me.

I take a deep breath and let it out with a deep sigh. I know hes right, I've been very careless with myself lately. I've been telling myself that if it wasn't for me we wouldn't be in this situation.

"I suggest you go see someone boy. Your physical health is, without a doubt important, but you can't neglect your mental health son." He tells me placing a hand on my shoulder as a sign of comfort.
"It's just been so hard Dad." I confess. "I'm trying to keep a brave face and smile and be positive but deep down I'm scarred. I dont know what I'm going to do without her." I let out. Placing my elbows on my desk and massaging my temples.

Dad and I chat until our food arrives. We had settled for Pizza and beers, the idea was brought up by Ben when we called him over.

"Let's do this!" Ben shouts as he enters my office with four boxes of Pizza and a six pack of beers.

Half way through our meal I ask out "Why did you settle for this meal? Our regular will be offered ." I joke.

"They make millions in a day, we also need to support small business." He teases.

"And we get so caught up in our jobs and our lavish lives we forget to enjoy the simple things in life." He adds.

"That's right son, that's why I always call you the smartest of the two." Dad throws in.

"Not this again." I groan.

"Oh look! Someone's getting jealous." Ben taunts.

The office if filled with noisy banter as we joke and argue over nothing, until Ben gets a call from his assistant to remind him about a meeting he has to attend with the board of directors.
Dad and I go over some files when my phone buzzes to life.

"Just when I'm about to finish." I complain to myself. This is why I like switching off my phone when working.

I look at the caller ID and notice that this is the house phone calling.

"Hello." I greet.

"Hello Sir. There is an emergency here at home." He says.

"What happened?" I ask, panic rising instantly.

"Miss Bianca has locked herself in the bathroom since morning, she hasn't come out and isn't responding either." He informs me.

I take a look at my watch and see the time is well after 2 PM.
"Dad I need to go Bianca's not responding, she's been in the bathroom since morning." I explain to him. I tuck my wallet into my pocket and stand up.
"Don't worry son. I'll take care of everything here." He assures.