Chapter 39.

Lucas’s POV

I looked out the window watching the sea of clouds drift by. We were flying to Thailand for a few weeks of the summer and the journey seemed to be going smooth. Except for Hosé who claimed to be tired of sitting in his seat, so Bianca was constantly scolding him for leaving his seat.

"And put on your seat belt Hosé!" She added.

He simply ignored her and played with the tablet that was in his seat compartment. Flying first class did have its benefits, I couldn't imagine him acting like this in economy.

"Hosé I swear if I have to come strap you in one more time, one of us is going to regret it." She warns.

He then looked at her, arching his little brow, mischief evident in his eyes. "It won't be me." She adds, understanding his body language.

He has the habit of forcing his mother's hand, testing how far her temper will shoot and just how much he can get away with.

"Hosé if your mother has to talk to you one more time about this, you're getting off this plane." I tell him.

"But how?" He challenges.

"I'll kick you off myself and you can find your way back home." I tell him, which makes his eyes go wide in shock.

"Behave." I add in warning.

Bianca and I look at each other, making eye contact. Her face is is blank, but I can read the relief in her eyes from my interference.
We have come a long way since the court case.

Bianca, Flo, Jen and even really out did themselves with that one. It turns out she had bought off the pregnancy test, which has been using to trick men into giving her money. You would be surprised how many she managed to swindle and the handsome fortune she had gathered using the same trick.

*Flashback*

"LUCAS!" I heard the all to familiar shriek of the leech I couldn't seem to get rid of.
How many times have I told her to leave me at home? I ask myself with a groan.

I've been doing a great job avoiding her when she swings by the office, I think I need to make a few calls and somehow get a restraining order against her.

"LUCAS!" She continued.

I left the comfort of the Library, looking around at the minor changes I had made. What we came to call the Library is filled with a few portrait photos of the generations before us. The most recent addition to the collection was a photgraph where Hosé say in-between Bianca and I as we held Isaac and Isabella on our laps respectively.

"Oh honey! Tell this filthy piece of scum to get his hands off me. Doesn't he know he could hurt the baby? Plus any form of distress isn't good for us." She complains.

I nod at the guard and he lets of her.

"What do you want here?" I spit at her?

"Oh that's no way to greet the soon to be mother of your child." She taunts.

"Get. Out." I grit out.

"I'm not going anywhere! You are going to take responsibility for this child and take care of it." She forces.

"Yeah I can be a part of the child's life but you don't have to be a part of mine for that to happen." I point out.

"Well as of now I do." She defends.

"I don't need you in face 24/7 to take care of the child. I want nothing to do with you." I clarify.

"Oh so you accept the child."  She points out gleefully.