Chapter 31.

Lucas's POV

I wake up with the sunlight peaking through an opening in the curtain. I squint my eyes as they adjust to the bright light. Untangling the body that singles besides me I roll over to retrieve my phone.

"Oh sh*t" I curse under my breath as I see the many missed calls not only from Bianca but Ben, Gen, Mom, Dad and almost every family member you can think of.

Something extreme must have happened for everyone to have been frantically calling me all night. A cold shiver runs down my spine as I think of all the things that could possibly have gone wrong.

I swing out of bed and head to the shower where I can freshen up and head home right away. As I step out of the shower she stirs in her sleep looking for my body, when taps around a few times searching for my body. She jolts awake at the realisation that she's all alone.

"Dzaddy your leaving already?" she pouts after a yawn.

She is beautiful but my skin crawls now that I look at her sprawled across the bed, the messy sheets testify as to exactly what transpired last night. Guilt Ponce's on my conscience like a hunting lioness ponding on its prey.

"I have to leave! I have a family and things to do." I snap.

"Well that's not what you were thinking of a few hours ago." She bites back.

"I need to leave." I brushed her off, not ready to argue.

"Lucas you just can't leave me like this." She demands.

"Oh really? Watch me." I say, heading for the door with my overnight bag in hand.

She rushes over to me and reaches me right as I reach for the door handle. "Lucas, I don't enjoy fighting with you. It's bad enough I only manage to see you on weekends." She pouts.

"Exactly! It isn't the weekend anymore so crawl up whatever hole you hide in during the week?" I say, yanking my arm away from her.

She stumbles back in a mixture of hurt and shock at my out burst.

I throw my overnight bag in the back seat and enter the driver's seat. The engine roars to life and I speed out of the drive way and head home.

We were lodged at a motel half an hour away from the city. The peaceful outskirts have the protect get away from the busy city. About a half way through, my phone begins to ring, and I answer putting the phone on speaker so as to keep my eyes on the road.

"LUCAS DE LA MARTINI!"I hear my mother's voice blare through the phone speaker.

"How many times have I told you about checking up on you're old woman?" She scolds.

"Mom I just had so business to sort out." I offer the explanation.

"Oh and is that why no one knows where the hell you are??" She continues her voice rising higher and higher by the second.

"Ma-" I try

"Don't you DARE 'Ma' me." She cuts off.

"You've got alot of-"

"LUCAS!" Gen screeches thorough the phone. Probably having snatchers phone from our mother.

"HOW DARE YOU GO SILENT ON US WITH EVERYTHING GOING ON! SOME NERVE YOU HAVE DIAPERING ON YOUR FAMILY ESPECIALLY NOW THAT YOUR WIFE NEEDS YOU! SOME BALLS YOU'VE GROWN NOT TO PICK UP ANY OF OUR CALLS EITHER!" She rants.

I try to calm her down enough to ask what on earth is going on but she simply cusses me out and hangs up the phone.

This is the strangest these two crazy women have ever sounded. I need to get to the bottom of this before they have me dressed and grilled like a turkey on thanks giving.

I slowly drive down the lavish drive way stop Infront of the front entrance leaving the engine on and the door open as one of chauffeurs go park it in the garage.

I hurridly make my way up the steps and enter the house. It's relatively quite apart from some the noises of a vacuum cleaner and a few plates clinking. This can only mean the children are still asleep or they are hiding somewhere.

I head to their rooms and peep through their doors and proving my assumption correct.

I head to my bedroom only to find it empty.

"Did she leave me?" I wonder to myself. I pace around the room looking for any clues as to where she might be, maybe a note.

As I rumage through the stuff on her dressing table. I catch a glimpse of a shiny diamond. The simple cut ring is laying there in all its beauty, almost mocking me. I grab it and head down stairs to look for her, maybe she woke up early and went to make breakfast for the kids.

As I rush down the stairs at the bottom of the stiair case I run into the childrens' Nanny. I never seem to remember her name so I get her attention with a simple "Excuse me!"

"Where is my wife?" I ask, straight to the point

"Madame Bianca had to leave late last night, it was something about her mother. She suffered a stroke and was rushed to the hospital." She explains, eyeing me suspiciously.

"Do you happen to know which hospital it is?" I ask.

"Sorry sir! I don't." She apologieses.

"That's okay, thanks." I tell her and head off. Thinking of which hospital they could possibly be at.

I'll have to take my chances and look at the hospital's we generally visit, I cannot bother calling Mom or Gen to find out that's for sure. But I'll take a guess and check Princess Marina, it's where we always go.

I tell a cleaner to pass on the message to the chauffeur to get my car ready as I head to the living room.

I'm met with my children in the living room arguing over what to watch, which is kind of strange considering They have TV's in their rooms and not to mention a TV room. However, he focuses on the sight Infront of him.

Upon picking up on my presence, Izzy simply takes one glance at me and heads towards the stairs probably headed to her room. Hosea seems unfazed by presence and attempts to wrestle Isaac for the remote who drops it in shock.

"Dad?" Isaac asks as though making sure it's really me, shock evident on his face.

"Hey Isaac!" I greet.

"When did you get here? Where were you? Why didn't you come for my game?" He fires questions at me running towards me.

"And Izzy had her gallery at school, she waited for you... She even stayed back with the driver Incase you came late." He continues.

"I'm so sorry Isaac, I'll make sure to come to your next game." I promise.

"That's what you always say!" He whines.

"Plus there is no next game until after Summer." He explains.

"Listen Isaac I'm going to the hospital to check on your mother, we can chat more when I get back." I tell him.

"But you just got here Dad!" He whines.

"Yeah I know! I'm so sorry... I'll make up to you." I offer.

"Yeah ME TOO!" Hosé pipes in from the couch.

"You too Hosé! " I say rushing up to the couch to mess up his hair.

"I'll be back soon Isaac." I assure him.

***********************************************************