Chapter 33.

Lucas's POV

Hosé sprints for his mother squealing with joy. Izzy also dashes to her as though to get away from me and Isaac also goes to welcome his mother. And she simply takes off towards the stairs without acknowledging him.

I turn to face Gen. Only to be met with a harsh strike to my right cheek, completely off gaurd I stager abit. The I pain spreads across my face, the sensation leaving me a tad bit fazed.

"What was that for?" I ask, my hand coming up to sooth the burning side of my face.

"You ratchet son of a-" Gen grits out, but I let out a cough cutting her off intentionally.

"We have the same mother Gen." I point out.

"That's not going to stop me from throwing ever cuss world I can master at you. You idiotic mosterous b@stard of a gigantic piece of sh*t." She barks out, forcing me to take a step back which step she takes foward.

"Okay, that's a lot to digest and I highly question the grammatical accuracy of that statement." I let out.

"This is not the time for your nonsensical bullsh*t Lucas." She grits out.

"Yeah! Well can someone please tell me what the on God's earth is going on." I let out.

"You would have known if your damn phone was on." She bites out.

Okay so something major is definitely going on, and from the look of things I need to calm Gen down before she literally has my head. Which after all these years I still haven't mastered, because my sister can be phsyco.

Another strike thrushes me out of my thoughts and back to reality. Making my own patience run out.

I roughly hold her hands in place blocking a third slap coming my way.

"Will you stop that!" I warn, my own temper flairing.

"I will not have you disrespect me like this in my own home, considering my own mother hasn't hit me like this in a long a$$ time."

"Maybe if you weren't such a pig headed f*ck face you would know exactly what your wife has been through all night, with out her husband in sight or reachable on phone." She bit out, struggling out of my hold with a huff.

"What is God's good name is going on Gen?" I exclaim.

"SHE JUST LOST HER MOM LUCA! HER MOTHER IS DEAD!" She screamed at me.

He out burst left me stunned, eyes wide and a dry mouth, I couldn't bring myself to utter a single word.

"What? Cat got your tongue?" She mocked.

"I hate to say this but you're turning into the a$$ you were before she came into your life." She spit at me.

"Bianca has been nothing but good to you and she doesn't deserve what you're putting her through." She continued.

I tried to speak but she lifted a finger in the air, imidiately silencing me.

"Ever couple has their mishaps and troubles, Bianca hasn't said anything but you actions have proved everything. If there is one smart bone in your body you'll bloody fix this before it blows out of proportion... Or is too late?" She said spinning on her heal and storming away not bothering to wait for my reply, she just left me with a rhetorical question.

I pace around in my office abit more, running my hands through my hair countless times. How did I get to this? What have I done?

My wife was suffering the grief of loosing her mother.

Meanwhile, I was on some get away with another woman.
The guilt begins to eat at me like a predator snake. Like a Python that has caught it's prey and coils around it choking the life out of it. I should have been there for her, but instead I was with another. I cursed myself once more, making my way to bedrooms to look for her.

When I finally masters the courage to offer my condolences, I find her with the children who are crying on the bed. Hosé doesn't seem to understand what's going on he's probably crying because his mother is crying.

I let myself in slowly, when I reach the edge of the bed.

"I'm deeply sorry for your loss." I tell her.

Her eyes shift up to me mine and even though I see the red from her grief, a sign that she has cried long and hard, they hold anger. I see it as clear as day from the way her jaw is rigid to the look in her eyes. She's probably holding everything together because she doesn't want to make a scene in front of the children.

I stand there for a moment of akward silence, not knowing what to do or say. I sit on the edge of the bed and try to reach for Izzy, but she pulls away from me snuggling towards her mother sniffing as more tears flood her eyes.

"So Grandma is not coming back?" She asks.

"No she isn't" Bianca replies soothingly.

"But where did she go then?" She presses.

This is their very first encounter with the concept of death. Who the kids have come know and love as their Grandmama is the first close relative they have lost. The whole idea of some just going and never coming back is just strange to them, and everyone else that has ever lost son meetings they cared for.

"She's now an angel and has gone to heaven." I offer the explanation.

I motion for him to come to me and he does so, crawling into my lap.

"Grandma is safe where she is, so she'll make it her duty to watch her her lovely grand babies." I explain to him and his eyes light up.

"But I wish she didn't have to die." Isaac voices out.

After a few hours of sobbing the children fall asleep exhausted by their own tears. We put them to sleep and return to our master  bedroom.

As soon as we enter, Bianca directly heads towards the bathroom and I pull her by the wrist stopping her in her tracks. She yanks her wrist out of my grip and attempts to continue heading for the bathroom but I pull her back towards me by the waist causing her back to crash into my front. I had forgotten how soft she was, and having a few children has certainly helped with that, I made a mental note.

She quickly turns to face me a shoves me with whatever might she has. "Don't. Touch. Me" she grits out "I don't know where those hands have been." She fires and I stumble back feeling as though I've been struck.

Watching her enter the bathroom and lock the door behind her. I begin to realise how much damage I've done.

***************************************************************

A/N

MY DEAR LOVELIES,
I hope you're enjoying the story as it goes along. What do you think will happen now? Is their any hope for this skunking ship of a marriage?
I hope you continue to enjoy as much I have enjoyed writing this chapter.
DONT FORGET TO DROP A VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE!!
Love,
L.
💝