<1>

Jess:

Jess:

I watched out the window as I saw all the trees pass by us. Everything was so green and sparkly here. The wild flowers that grew off the side of the road added just the right amount of color to the green misty back drop.

I was a little nervous about this move.

Unlike our other moves, we were moving to a small town in the middle of a forest. The entire place seemed to be surrounded by greenery and wild animals. I tried to stay giddy by thinking about all the new plants and animals I could draw. I could hear all the pretty sounds of different animals scurrying around already.

All this combined with my father's slight smell of rich dark chocolate and my mother's hint of fresh baked sugar cookies has really set the tone for a delicious ride.

I hope this place has a bakery near by.

At least this quirk allows me to hear and smell some beautiful things.

This quirk of mine started about a year ago. My sensitive hearing and my sensitive nose. My parents took me to multiple doctors before finally giving in to my complaints about all the tests. Something inside just told me I shouldn't worry about it. I see it as a gift most days.

"Jess, baby, could you grab my ID card." My father's deep voice always surprised people. He is a bigger guy, but his voice has always been so deep. Especially when he's nervous.

Why was he so nervous about this job?

"Micheal, Honey..." My mother's sweet voice speaks up as she ran a hand through my father's hair, "...You ok?"

"Are you?" My father stole a glance at her, as he turned his glare back to the front window.

What was going on with these two.

I quickly looked away as I noticed the giant, something, out the window. What is that?

A castle? Ok, yeah. That's a castle.

I watch in awe as we begin to travel down the worn cobblestone road. The castle looked like something from a fairy tale. Large stone walls with green ivy growing up and down the dark, damp sides of the massive building. It sat in the middle of a large, lush green lot. The front yard area looked massive, filled with outdoor games and picnic tables. A top the tallest tower of the castle, which I counted three towers in total, was a large purple flag with a gold crescent moon emblem. It looked beautiful and also mysterious.

I must draw this castle later.

As we approached the gate, I noticed a small little cottage peeking out from behind the building.

Curious... Why have a house near this giant castle?

The closer we got, I noticed a small school house sign.