<11>

Eli:

Eli:

I walk into my office, only to be bombarded with Sean's wild excited energy and Ryan's anxiety.

I sigh, running my hands through my hair again.

"Everything ok bro?!" Sean asks as he leans against my desk, "Did you get a good night kiss?" He starts making kissing sounds at me. I roll my eyes at him as he laughs.

"Shut up Sean." Ryan leans against the wall. "Don't make fun of him. I can't imagine what he's going through right now..."

I nod at Ryan, silently thanking him.

"Listen guys..." I move to my desk drawer, unlocking it, removing the stack of paperwork I had pilfered from my dad's office. Slamming it on the desk. "I think there's more to the Hembergs leaving this place."

Ryan picks up the first page and frowns, "Why would Linda not be a suitable mate?" His eyes glow slightly. I can tell Beckett is coming out to help. Beckett and Ryan together are the perfect detectives.

Sean picks up another page, "Why would they be testing females in other packs?!"

"SHUSH!" Ryan and I both loudly whisper to Sean.

"That's what I want to find out. King Deklynn was removed of his power the moment my father turned 18. My father ended the war, and things got much better..."

Ryan cut me off as he continued looking over the documents, "Yes yes, we all know the History of the shamed King Deklynn and the powerful King Christopher, but what does that have to do with all this?" he says gesturing to all the paperwork now spread across the desk as Sean continues to pick up random pages, making everything out of order. I mentally roll my eyes.

I sigh, "Well, I want to know why..."

Sean and Ryan both looked at each other and then sent me confused looks.

"Listen, what was it about all these females that made them 'not suitable' as mates for males in our pack? Why did the King have to pass away before the curse was lifted? If that was the case, why not just kill him?"