<2>

Eli:

Eli:

First day of summer and I'm stuck in the house tending to my Princely 'duties'. Usually I wouldn't mind it much, but I'm stuck having to keep all my werewolf abilities in check. We have a human guest arriving today.

I sigh, I hate having humans around. I pick up the next file on top of the giant stack in front of me and open it up.

'Petition for new gardening materials...'

"Do we even have a garden Ember?"

"Yes Eli, we run through it all the time. We smash Mrs. Walter's flowers. remember?" Ember, my wolf, replies.

"Oh yeah! that was fun!"

I chuckle remembering how fun it was to race Ryan and Sean, jumping over the flower beds. Then Mrs. Walter came running out throwing sticks and stones at us." (She's one of the pack elders and one of the few who won't let us get away with anything. Ever.)

"YES! let's go do it again!" Ember growls in my mind. "Wait, not now..."

My father opens the door to my office without knocking, his usual. "Hello father..." I stare at him confused for a moment.

He continues to march forward, swinging the door open in a dramatic fashion.

I frown as I stare it him.

"What is my dad up to, Em?"

"Titan has news!" Ember flutters around in my brain.

"Yes father?" I ask again as my mother joins him. She's got a giant smile on her face as well.

"Hurry Eli!..." My mother's smile lighting up the entire room as she walks in. She's obviously excited, "...There's someone you must meet." She's messing with my hair and frowning. I shoo her hands away. 

I try to collect myself but my father caught my confused look.

"Shush Maddy..." My mother's name is Madeline, but my father is the only person I know who calls her Maddy.

I know, it's cute.

"...You don't need to confuse him."

He turns back to me with his business face on. "Eli, as future heir to this werewolf kingdom, you know you must have a mate to lead..." I nod my head yes, shyly.

All my other friends found their mates as soon as they turned 18, except for me. I've been 18 for 2 months now and not one female has stood out to me. Even with all my travels, Ember never found our special girl.

Ember purrs in my mind...

"What it is Ember?"

He whimpers.