<10>

Eli:

"Jess, that was amazing." I said as I dropped the dishes in the sink, clearing all the pots and pans quickly. 

"mate is the best cook ever. So perfect!" Ember was full of energy again.

"So perfect Em."

"Thanks! I'm happy you liked it." She smiles at me as she yawns. 

Ryan and Sky took their food to their room which left just Jessica and I. I relished this one on one time I got with her. 

She's got plenty to talk about. I loved hearing about her life. Although she didn't grow up here, like she should have, it seemed her parents tried very hard to give her some kind of 'normal' life. Although I'm not sure why. You can tell she's far from 'normal' even for a female who carries the were gene. 

"Hey there. Someone looks very sleepy." I helped her out of the bar stool, and made sure her feet were planted on the ground as we walked to the stairs. 

"I'm not sleepy!..." She pouted, "My mind is buzzing with all kinds of questions..."

I chuckle. Although our bond isn't 'official' I can still sense how she's feeling. Right now she could easily fall asleep...

"if mate was wrapped up in our arms..." Ember whispered in my mind. 

"Why are you whispering em?"

"mate might hear me..." Ember whispers again.

We made up the first flight of stairs, all the while Jessica muttering about how large everything is. I guess I never thought about how all the small people get around this place. 

"Um, Jess?" I stop in front of her before she starts up the next flight of stairs. 

"Yea?" she looks up at me, her eyes are so tired. Her hair is all over the place, I even caught a glimpse of some Ember fur mixed in which made me smile big. 

"Um, ELI?..." I look down to see a super tired Jessica staring up at me, arms crossed, probably wondering why I'm just staring at her and smiling. 

"MATE is SO tired Eli! Help her!" Eli was back to shouting at me again.

"Sorry, um, do you want me to carry you the rest of the way?" Her face softened a bit then she was back to biting her lip.

Jeez, why do I make her so nervous?

"Because you act dumb around mate..." Ember whispered again. 

I sigh, "Never mind, I'm sorry, I..." 

I'm cut off by her spinning me around and pushing me down. 

"What are you..." 

She quickly hopped onto my back.

"A piggy back ride?" I chuckle as I start up the stairs again, "How old are you again?" She giggles into my back. 

"Shut up Prince Eli." I cringe at my mate calling me Prince. "Are you too cool to give piggy back rides or something?" 

"Jess..." I try to keep the edge out of my voice, "I told you not to call me that."

She sighs, "I know, I know, I was just joking around. Don't get all butt hurt about it. I mean, everyone else has to call you that. I don't understand why I don't have to. If my parents plan on staying here and I become a part of this pack, won't I have to call you that all the time anyway? or..."