<9>

Jess:

Jess:

I look over at Rosette whose completely snuggled up in Vik's fur. Arms draped around his neck. Her legs fell lazily to either side. She was much shorter than me, probably standing at just 5 feet tall. Funny how perfect she fit draped over him. She looks like she might be asleep. I smile at the sweetness.

How adorable are they?

I notice we're getting closer and I sit up a bit, looking over at Sky and Beckett again.

Sky is riding him back to back. I can't even fathom how that's possible. I chuckle forcing sky to look over at me.

He rolls over on his side, "What?" he asks curiously as he looks over at me clinging to Ember.

"How could you possibly ride Beckett that way?"

He shrugs, "I know Beckett would never let me fall." Beckett  huffs in response.

How could a werewolf still sound so serious?

I start to watch as Sky rolls over on Beckett's back, snuggling into him again. Beckett slowed his steps every time Sky moved. As soon as he was still again I saw Beckett move faster, taking longer strides.

Interesting, they seem so connected.

It's because they're mates, it must be.

****

By the time we made it back to the pack house, I realized I probably wouldn't sleep at all tonight. I still had so many questions that had yet to be answered.

Sky had to hold Rosette while Sean shifted since she was asleep. I stood next to Sky, our backs turned to Sean, while I looked down on Sweet Rosette, "She looks so tiny and young, I can't believe she's 18."

Sky chuckled, "I know..."

Sean was back in an instant, quickly taking Rosette from Sky's arms and cradling her into his chest.

"Come here kitty..." He whispered in her ear.

Kitty? Cute.

I saw her smile as she snuggled into him. "Thanks Sky, see you tomorrow!" Sean yells out.

"SHUSH!" we both loudly shush him as Rosette whimpers.

"Sorry kitty, let's get you to bed, k?" Sean whispers this time.

Sean quickly moves up the hill towards the pack castle, while Sky drapes an arm over my shoulders.

Everyone here is so touchy.

Not that I'm really complaining. My parents are cuddly people and so am I, but I've learned over time that's not really the norm for everyone.

How many times have I crossed someone's personal boundaries because I'm such a hugger?