<8>

Jess:

I Slide off of Ember's back who now has his tongue slipping out the side of his mouth. His blue and gold eyes glowing in the moonlight.

He is so beautiful.

"Ember!" I slide my arms around his neck, "You did it! You're so fast, and so..."

"Agh!" I'm cut off by Skyler who is still riding a top Beckett with his arms crossed.

Ember whimpers.

Seriously, he's just a giant puppy.

I laugh out loud, "Oh come on Sky, Ember can't help it that he's so fast!" I smirk at Ember who licks my face and snuggles into my neck. He practically pushes me over with his cuddling, "Ember..."I try to say sternly while giggling. I push him away a bit causing him to huff and lay down in defeat.

Shaking my head, I sit next to him, moving his head to my lap so I can pet him.

"You ONLY won because Beckett let you win." Skyler hops down as Beckett nudges him with his snout.

I laugh and shake my head, "Hey now, I'm sure Beckett did his best."

Sky chuckles as Beckett licks his face. I look around the wide open clearing. It's surrounded by tall trees, and wild flowers. It's so pretty here.

There was never anything like this back in the city.

I begin searching for Vik and Rosette. I start to get nervous. Ember lifts his head, searching my eyes. He must have sensed it.

"Umm, so where's Vik and Rosette?" I look over at Sky who shrugs it off.

"Shouldn't we go look for them? I mean it's so dark out here..."

Ember nudges my hand and licks it.

He's trying to get my attention?

I furrow my brows and look deep into his eyes again.

"He ok, with mate chasing flies..."

"What?" I look over at Sky, why was he talking like that?

"I didn't say anything..." he looks at me curiously, "did you hear something?"

I shake my head, "it must have been nothing..."

I look down at Ember again whose wagging his tail excitedly.

Hum interesting.

Just then Vik comes running out of the tree line chasing after a bunch of fire flies. Rosette is clinging to him, a big wide smile on her face. She notices us as I wave her over.

"Sorry guys! Vik found fire flies again!" Rosette says as she shakes her head.

Sky and I laugh so hard we start to cry, "Seriously?! Vik! You are always so distracted!"

Once we all get settled down, Sky laying on Beckett, using him as a pillow and Rosette doing the same, I decide to ask a few of those burning questions I've been holding onto.

"So guys, can they hear us? Eli will remember all this right?"

Ember grunts as Skyler chuckles.

"Yes. They can hear and feel everything. Just like their wolves can when they're in their human forms." Rosette smiles at me. She's so sweet.

Note to self, don't say anything bad about Eli when Ember is out to play.

Is there anything bad to say about Eli?