<24>

Jess:

Jess:

With my mind still reeling from the dream I had last night, and my eyes still trying to focus, I had to use my nose to figure out what was going on.

I smell, dark chocolate... With a hint of sugar cookies...

"DAD!" I happily hug him back as he huffs.

Oh wait. Not dad.

"Sorry..." I giggle. "I mean, LUTHER!" I say excitedly again.

He slowly puts me down and stands up straighter, crossing his arms over his chest. He looks taller, and his hair seems bushier than normal. His golden eyes look brighter than ever.

"Why My Baby in here, alone, with Prince Eli? HUM?" He glares down at me. I had to hide the chuckle that wanted to escape. He was trying to be serious and scary, like how my dad would be.

He was only coming off more adorable than ever.

"Nothing happened da- ah, Luther. We just slept together that's all."

His eyebrows lifted. As Luther began to growl.

Whoops. That was the wrong thing to say.

"Wait! Luther!" I reach for his arm, trying my hardest to hold him in place. "What I meant was, we just slept um, near each other."

Luther slowly looked down at me. I gave him the biggest morning grin I could muster.

He picked me up and hugged me again. When he put me down, I noticed a tear falling down his cheek. Why would Luther be crying right now? This is weird.

"What's wrong Luther? Should I go get mom?"

He shook his head no. "Luther never got to play with his Baby." He said this so sadly that I felt a pain in my chest.

It's true. I didn't even know Luther was a part of my father until a month ago.

Whoa look at how far I've come.

I pulled him into a big hug. "Okay Luther. I promise we will get some time today."

A huge smile suddenly lit up his entire face. I gave him another big hug.

"Bye Baby! Luther see you soon!" I chuckled at his silly enthusiasm as he made his way to the door.

Ember also had a silly smile on his face as Luther stopped right in front of him. Luther was about the same height but beefier than Ember. They were eye to eye and I noticed both their smiles slowly fade.

"That's My Baby. 5 more days Prince Eli." Luther finally spoke.

Ember nodded his head. "Yes Sir. Ember is patient."

Over-protective fathers make Very protective Wolves. Noted.

I rolled my eyes as he left the room and ran up to Ember, squeezing him knowing full well I couldn't hurt him. "Let's go-"