Sweet tooth

CHAPTER 3.

Zack's POV

"Life is like an ice-cream cone, you have to lick it one day at a time".

∞∞

She was mad and furious. I knew I hit a button. I knew she didn't like to be controlled and didn't like it when I got mad for no reason. Before everyone could possibly come and ask I walked down on the road making way to her home. Something tugged in my heart when she went angry. I didn't know why I felt that way but I didn't like this feeling.

I stopped at the supermart and bought her favourite strawberry ice cream tub. I knew she would melt with the ice cream! I realize that it was the moment of anger that came out of her but nonetheless she is my best friend and I have to make it up to her. I reach her home. I quickly greet her mom and ask her if Sarah was home. She replied with a yes and told me that she sulked on her bed. I quickly grab a spoon for ice cream and jogged upstairs.

"Mind if I come in?" I asked carefully cause we don't want to provoke the volcano now, do we?

"Yes fuck off!" She said in an angry tone. I chuckled silently knowing full well her drama.

"I can't fuck off alone, I need a partner you see" I smirked at my response.

She gave me a death glare and turned towards the window. I took a chance to reach her with the ice-cream. I knew she would give a full smile after seeing that I had her favourite ice-cream with me. She, like a happy kid, devoured each bite of the ice cream. I liked seeing her happy. She is my sunshine. If she isn't happy nothing is happy. I hug her from behind getting all the attention I should.

"How dare you leave me alone?" I asked her in angry but more of a soft tone nothing too aggressive.

She turned around while digging the ice-cream and eating like a baby. Man, she is such a cute baby. My best friend is my cartoon. I wanted to chuckle at the thought but right now I couldn't.
I continued once she put down the ice-cream and looked straight at me.

"Best friend doesn't leave their own best friend. It hurt me to see you go on with someone like Lucas. You have no right to leave me alone ever" I frowned while I said that in an authoritative voice. Somehow I really felt bad.

She nodded meekly and I gave her a smile. I liked her smile, it was an innocent baby's smile. Her eyes were fish shaped, soothing and calming. Her nose was small but suited her so well that it felt like it was made for her. Her upper cheekbones looked prominent bringing out the life in her. Her lips were so full shaped like a Cupid's bow. She was pretty. Cute. A 2-year-old soul wrapped in her.

Wow, I have a baby best friend.

Her frantic hand waving motions brought me back into the reality.

"Hellooo Mr? Let watch some New Girl, shall we?" She asked eating ice-cream. Wow, she absolutely finished more than half of the ice cream herself. Ain't she a fast eater?

I nodded to her question mindlessly. We sat there on her bed very comfortably in her ocean themed bedroom and cartoon quilts. We were quite opposites I loved the shades of grey and black and she was colourful in all that she owned. We watched quite a few episodes laughed off on random things and smiled at each other when best friend stuff happened. We could relate to all the best friend hashtags currently cause we stuck to each other for a long time and it didn't scare her away from me so I think we are best friends for life #bff. Somewhere in the evening, my phone beeped.

Rose: Wanna hangout? Fries and ice-cream?

Zack: Be right there in some time.

I think lately she has been warming up to me. We became friends when she transferred here to this school from LA. Her family transferred altogether due to business comfort. I liked her from the first day you see, infatuation hit hard to me. She was pretty, petite but very slim and had long red hair. I loved her hair. I quickly think of an excuse to come up with to leave and meet Rose.

"Hey, do you mind if I go. I have something to take care of!" I asked Sarah carefully making sure to cover up the lie. I naturally have nothing to lie to her I am sure if I told her about Rose she is going to be supportive as ever but something tells me there is a little bit of ego clash here. Of course, we are all friends but Rose is secretive and I think I should respect what she wants but Sarah is my best friend and I think I should tell her. God the dilemma.

"Helloo???" She waved in front of me.

"Dreamland again? Are you dreaming about Rose?" She teased.

"Haha as if I am way too free" I retorted clearly shocked if my thoughts were way too loud or she just knew.

"No, you were kind of busy but I think liking someone does make itself a priority." She stated putting her laptop in the stand by mode. I was taken aback by her response.

"No it's not like that" I replied completely in my self defense mode. I needed a slap for controlling my slip-ups now.

"Yeah yeah whatever makes you sleep tonight." She kept her hands on her waist and jiggled her eyebrows. I knew that she knew I liked Rose. There was no more lying to it and no more taking back the expression which gave in to her doubt.

"Yeah that thing I told you just a few minutes ago that I have to take care of, that's Rose." I told her finally a lot of weight just lifted off my chest. She didn't cringe her face, neither did she threw the disliking stamp. She smiled for a few good seconds and whistled loudly. I blushed on her reaction. So much for being my best friend.

"See you soon. Have fun best friend!" We hugged and she walked me through the front door! Rose was on the other side of the door waiting for me already. I rushed quickly telling Sarah the last goodbye.

Hey readers, the weekly update is back.
Review, share, vote, comment.