Makeup

CHAPTER 5
Sarah's POV.

If you are lucky enough to find a weird ass best friend never let them go.

∞∞∞

We drove in silence. My home wasn't long and I know Zack wasn't in a good mood either. I think this is the first time he is been stood up.

"Why so gloomy bestie?" I budge. He didn't utter a word. I think it would be more better if the day slides in.

"C'mon you know she is total bitch." I say in condolence of his mood.

"It's not like you are going to die without her!" I continue but something inside me screams that would step on his heart and that I should tell him what I really feel about. I sigh loudly and I think my sigh caught his attention more than my words.

"Her nature is conniving and you know it. Why step in a mud puddle and get all the dirt on you? You know I am here for you right?" He seemed pissed.

"Why do you make my choices trivial? You like Clayton. That sick dickhead. Do I ever criticize your choices? Don't fuck with my choice!" Wow, that hurt.
Like how your hand comes between the door and leaves a red scar with sharp pain. Yeah. Do you get the gist of how I feel?

His words cause me a sharp pain. I didn't imagine he would have problem with someone I like and that's just liking not like I and Clayton were even dating or either one of us is at it, that was so ridiculously rude of Zack to bring that on me. I snapped out of whatever thoughts were coming and I took one look at Zack, his mouth opened and closed in search of words and jump out of the car slamming the door hard before any words left his mouth.

The morning was such an annoying one, it was august and rains were the frequent guests. I lazily move in my closet and bring out a cute outfit for school. Since it was windy I decided to walk to school and I could walk back. I checked my phone for the 100th time and for the record Zack didn't have the courtesy to at least makeup with me after his oh so bitchy talk. Well, he can fuck his ass.

I leave a little early than usual since I will be walking towards the school. I reach school a little 5 minutes early and I met everyone except Rose and Zack probably they were skipping. I sigh and head on to my class apparently we were learning calculus and it was frustrating.
I saw Zack in the cafeteria with Rose. They were smiling at each other and oh god it silently killed me that he didn't talk to me after yesterday. We all sat at our usual table with Abbott actually messing up my hair.

"What's up baby girl you look tired?" Abbott had the nerve. I swear from the corner of my eye I could see Zack giving him a death glare and I smirked internally.

"Oh well baby, you know late nights." I played.

"Damn you hot catch. I can imagine!" Abbott was a guy with drama skills.

"Oh man, I know. He knows how to make me moan!" I could see how fast Zack could get mad. I grinned at Abbott and literally high fived.

"Enough Sarah!" His anger was boiling hot.

"Why the anger?" He just hit my bitch mode. He dragged me out of the cafeteria. Ouch.

"What's the matter, Pearson. Why so grumpy?" I snarled over his huge figure. I knew it pressed a button.

"Why are you flirting with Abbott?" He got furious and he was dangerously close. Fatal. My brain reported the action and chose a reflex action to make a quick walk away.

"I don't want to belittle your choices, Zack. I understand you felt like I am in your way, I am not. Why would I be criticizing your love life that's the last thing I would do. Also, Abbott and I are not a thing but maybe I and Clayton will be!" He snorts at the mention of Clayton.

"Can you forgive me? Pretty please." There is nothing which a touch of big puppy eyes and a cute baby pout can't solve. I didn't receive an answer but I received a hug. We sped through the lectures actually very quickly or maybe my mood just got better.

When the bell signalling the end of the day in school rang I sprinted out literally. Now that I and Zack made up from the fight maybe we could now catch up with ice-cream on some serious drama. As soon as I reach parking lot I see Zack talk to Rose and everyone else just goofed around I quickly jog over to them it's just so nice to go home with probably no homework. I cheerfully greet everyone while receiving back the same until Clayton decided to come to approach me I mean everyone could see him walk towards us just as much as I wanted to talk to him I would rather go home. I was exhausted from yesterday's drama just as on the cue Zack opened his big mouth.

"Hey, Sarah I think I'll drop Rose home is that okay if you walk back today!?" I made a mental note of driving my own car now. I nodded I didn't give any response since I stayed in the opposite direction of everyone I just hummed as everyone started to move. When everyone left I decided to talk a route that went through the famous cafe here. Midway towards the cafe it started raining people were in a hustle to save them from the rain because who would want to screw up the million dollar suits and dresses. I walk towards the cafe taking the most feels of the rain. There is something soothing about the rain or maybe I just loved it way too much.

"Hey, you!" Clayton shouted from the corner of the street not that I was too far from the corner.

"Hey there" I take look at him, black fitted jeans and a blue full sleeve t-shirt with a lean football player body. Everything about him screamed gorgeous and handsome and I had to get some pathetic feeling for only him I have no idea why, not like we are not friends, we are but we didn't talk much. A close look at him I realize I was nervous but I didn't know why.

"Hey!" I reply not to enthusiastically, I didn't want to sound too excited. He handed me a lot of chocolates, more than I could carry in the backpack.

"What for?" I smile at his gesture.

"Sarah, I like you. Can we please just be a thing?" As soon as the words left his mouth a wide grin spread across my lips. Dripping wet in the rain I nodded and see a grin on his face too.

"I really liked you for a year now. Every time I thought of coming and telling you all of it, something just came up. I am sorry I didn't come to you earlier but now I have all the time in the world and everything else can wait." Literally, I couldn't handle my excitement, the dizzy feeling just made me grin like a maniac.

That's how Zack and Rose remain forgotten and I look at this guy right in front of me.

Heya readers.😍
The update is here 😍.

Vote. Comment. Share