I fucked up

CHAPTER 40.
Zack's POV.

Sometimes we lose people just because we are too proud to let them have their place.

∞∞∞

Let's just say the party is too boring when you have to tag along with associates. Garrett and I were bored beyond our imagination. At least Garrett had something to look forward after this damn party with Samantha what the hell am I doing?  Nothing. I close my eyes for a second rubbing them and Sarah is out of my sight. Really what the hell? I look at my parents and excuse myself as I try to find Sarah.

In the hustling crowd, it's always difficult to find someone but it wasn't hard to spot Sarah from a mile away. She was shining certainly with her different but strong aura. I spot her on the corner chair of the bar. Probably having some fruit drink. I smiled as I cut my way through to her crossing a lot of crowd from the other end.

She smiled up to the guy who just walked and sat beside him. Something inside me boiled as she gave him her attention. Don't get me wrong I feel like he will try to get her drunk and bam you know the next. I have no idea who is this boy but he is kinda getting way too comfortable and I don't like it.

"I'm Zayden and what's your name beautiful?" He handed her fruit punch.

"Her name is Sarah and by the way, she is with me!" She slumped back in the stool hearing my irritated voice.

"Oh, I must take my leave. I'll see you soon Sarah." She waved him bye.

Okay, who the hell he thinks he is. Piece of shit. Instantly my overprotective side was on.

"What do you think, you were doing?" She zeroed her eyes looking very angry.

"He is a prick." That sounds better than reasoning my insecurities.

"You don't know it, Zack."

"Like hell I do." I growled. I know bad move but anything I reason now is going to backfire.

"You don't." She stormed off without listening to my further explanation. Oh boy. This is not what I wanted. I swear I am an idiot.

"You are definitely an idiot." Cameron laughed.

"What?" I snapped at my cousin a little more than I should but right now it's the least of my concern.

"Someone's pissy!" John laughed from the other side. One look was enough to shut him up.

Really why are you so pissed?

Gee, because she is my best friend and I am looking out for her. I tell back to my conscience.

Whatever makes you sleep tonight boy.

Not a good time to fight with my inner self. Isn't it?

"Jealous much?" Garrett wiggled his eyebrows as I stood diagonally from the girl gang. And by that, I mean Tristee, Luna, Samantha and Sarah.

She was outstanding all of them. She was way too pretty and way too gullible.

"No. I wouldn't have liked it if anything happened to her. She is my responsibility here." I say proudly with a smile.

"Of course that's one way to say that you hate boys around her." John grinned while the others stifled a laugh.

"Oh hell to the no. I don't hate it. That's not even true." I shook my head.

"Right right. Whatever makes you sleep tonight jealous boy." Cameron surrendered himself.

"Oh no. It's Romeo in distress." Garrett grinned at all of us making both the remaining boys laugh.

"Okay Romeo, you are losing your luck here." I knitted my eyebrows in confusion.

"Dumb Romeo, look there's another guy with Sarah. I am guessing your feelings are going to kick in back." Garrett said darting his eyes at the girls more likely the boys just adored their girls so much.

We all walked to the girls where that guy held her hand and kissed the knuckles. She smiled lightly at his gesture.

"And I'm Leo Hartwell. It's a pleasure to meet you. Are you studying beautiful?"

"The name's Zack Pearson." The glare that I was throwing was hard to miss. If only looks were enough.

"Can I have this dance with you?" I asked her like a gentleman, the anger was long forgotten.

"Until next time beautiful." Leo smiled and turned away.

"No." She said resentfully to me

"Please baby girl." I gave her the best pout I could. I even threw my bottom lip out for the extra effect.

"Just one dance." She huffed after thinking for a second. With us dancing, I thought of it to be a perfect time so I bent down to nuzzle in her neck.

"I'm so sorry cherry."

"Mhmm."

"I didn't mean to interfere like that. I just didn't know them and I don't want anything to happen to you. You're my best friend." Part of it was definitely true and the other half was maybe I am a little too overprotective.

"How would you know anyone?" I mumbled.

"Exactly. I don't know what are their intentions. Which is why I don't want you to get hurt."  I just hope she is fine now

"I'm a big girl now." She chuckled.

"Yes, you are. I will try to not shoo them away."

"And by the way, our first dance is over and now you'll have to shuffle the partners. So you ready?" I asked softly.

"Of course." She grinned and as I twirled her back into that bar guy and I got another petite girl in my arms.

"Is she your girlfriend?"

"No. Why?"

"Because it looks like she will be his girlfriend." She giggled.

"I'm sorry I have to go." I told her and stood behind Sarah, "Can I have my date back?"

"I'm so so sorry. Zayden doesn't look like a nice guy." I say softly as we dance yet again.

"No. Save it." She hissed angrily loosening out of grip backing away.

"Cherry.."

"No Zack. Save it. Really." I called her back but she ran outside and I was stuck up in that dance as another girl twirled in my way.

I called up Nate in defeat.

"I fucked up." I sighed.

"What happened?"

_________________
And here we are ranking 161 in relatable.

I am so happy and thank you tanuja451982 for giving me your opinion. Thank you for voting.

I hope you love the chapter.

Vote. Comment. Share.

Love,
S