Hey wanna play UNO?

CHAPTER 22
Sarah's POV.

A little jealousy creates a lot of sparks in the background. The one you read in books.

∞∞∞

We were close to our end semester, that is how we had a lot of homework and somehow we even had essays to submit. It was middle of the week and I was somehow drained. It felt like the week is dragging and time was slow. I sighed currently sitting with a couple of people in the last.

However, the guys sitting in front of me had a twisted idea of playing UNO in the back when the teacher was explaining, it was kind of boring, to be honest, and they seemed to enjoy the UNO.

"Hey wanna play UNO?" The first guy asked.

"Of course Drew she wants to, just look at her, she can't seem to interest the class!" The other guy said.

"Uh.. sure why not!?" I replied.

"So I am Sean and he is Andrew!" He handed out the cards to me.

"I am Sarah!" They smiled at me.

Apparently, it seemed Andrew was constantly loosing to me and Sean.

"You're cheating!" Andrew accused me.

"Omfg, you're shuffling the deck. You're so stupid!" I laughed and he huffed in response while Sean smirked.

"Lol." Sean said sarcastically and the bell rang.
As much as the period bored me the game made it fun.

"See you in the next physics period!" Andrew said and both of them waved me bye. I walked to my one and only last Literature period, somehow happy that it is the last one.  God, I swear no-one was happier than me.

I sat with Zack in the corner while James who I haven't been taking too since the first day is on the other side of the class. It's good for me or him, I honestly can't decide. There was Whispers and talking until Ms Winters came in. The class fell silent as she walked in with a serious expression.

"Good afternoon class, so for the final exam of English Literature, you'll have to work in pair for 50% of the marks." The class groaned simultaneously.

"Oh no no kids, the groaning and all don't work here." She said in a stern voice and the class fell silent again.

"So now, your partner will be the one you're currently sitting. No groans and no frowns. So you'll have to choose any one of Shakespeare's play and twist it in a modern day love story. Remember students you can't change partners. You can show compassion, passion, love, heartbreak and all of that emotions but don't completely snap out of the old plays keep the essence of it. Also remember it's due in 2 weeks. Just before your exams start!" Ms Winters announced.

The class broke out in whispers and hushed talks for the next 5 minutes and then the class had to remove the textbooks. I loved literature since it has beautifully written plays and chapters and essays. I loved writing and reading classics that is why I signed for this subject. The bell rang signalling the end of the lecture. Everyone hustled in the hallways to dump their belongings and take whatever is necessary however it was good to be finally going home. I saw James approaching from the corner of my eyes and decided to not pay any heed there. Meanwhile, Zack went washroom and would meet directly in the parking lot.

"Hey Angel, how are you?" He stood right next to me.

"Look what the cat dragged in." I stated flatly.