Breakup

CHAPTER 7
Sarah's POV

It's not the goodbye that hurts, it the memories that hurt.

∞∞∞

Personal experience says you should study in time to avoid all the last minute stress. Haven't we all heard? A stitch in time saves nine. It stands true we were giving our semester exams and cursed all the times we ended up bickering but all's well that ends well right? We had our last paper today and literally we will have to blow off some steam. I was standing with my friends unable to spot Clayton. Actually, it was a relief because he wasn't fighting with me right now. I can't even begin to tell you that his psycho ass has been such an annoying piece of shit, can't begin to tell you that how he sat and fought with me 24 hours of the day since August and it's November now for crying out loud and his hot favourite topic was Zack like usual. I talked to Zack about Rose which dropped his mood but he kept on the façade as if I wouldn't see through it.

Hah... Jealous looser.

"Helloo cupcake!" Abbott and Nate just tickle me for no reason and to top that off they had to ruffle my hair. Like what the fuck. I cross my arms and stand until they finish their annoying thing. Why mess my hair though? From the corner of my eyes I saw Clayton walking out of the building, it was such a relief I wasn't talking to him for like 2 weeks now it wasn't like I was dying to talk to him. He just puts me in so much mental stress. I ignored him until his angry self dragged me outside.

Drama says peek-a-boo.

Zack's POV

There was so much chaos. Life is such a hustle and so much more when you see it. Then there was Clayton who had this wolf eyes on Sarah, it was almost as if he was waiting for something to pick a fight on. He was annoyed, always cribbing, whining and picking up arguments.

Clayton dragged Sarah out probably because she was ignoring and that was very clearly visible to everyone's naked eye. Wasn't it weird when you ignore the person you've been going out with?

They stood far enough and I could only see them yelling at each other, the heated argument might have reached another level because I have never seen Sarah hit someone with that force. Clayton literally had the finger impression on his face, ouch that might have hurt so bad. Even though I didn't feel bad about the slap I really felt bad about how he lately treated Sarah I mean who keeps a tab on who is she talking to. Literally, he was Satan. I cleared everyone out of the parking lot because I didn't think Sarah would be in the state of mind to talk to anyone let alone bicker around. I stood there patiently waiting for her to walk back, I was ready for some drama and some loud as fuck abusing but I found a chirpy Sarah coming back. Weren't girls supposed to cry after such a breakup? I mean they were a thing and most certainly it had ended so why no crying?

I saw my best friend walking quite confidently, just too enthusiastic for a chilly November. I shuddered at the chills of the climate.

"Let's go get some burgers Zackie" I hugged her.

"You good cherry?" Her behaviour was bizarre, how is she not hurt?

"Yes Zackie, let's pull into McDonald's!" The drive to McDonald's was very silent. I was sick worried about Sarah I have never seen her like this, calm and collected she is always throwing some tantrums. We ordered two large meals plus ice cream for the desert. To say she was hungry was an understatement, she gobbled down two of our large meals one by one. She was starving in a literal sense.

She smiled sheepishly towards me I couldn't decipher if I should be mad at her or smile at her cuteness.

"Fine I'll buy myself something" I huff fake anger at her but I end up smiling. She was such a cute kid still.

"Sorry!" She stuck out her tongue.

"Let's go get some fresh air, let's go to the garden and feed some ducks!" I told her paying for my burger.

We walk towards the nearby park which had a pond. We took the duck food and were waiting by the pond to feed the duck. We honestly wanted to feed duck until I made the quack sound. The duck came running for my life, it bit me for heaven's sake and I had to also drag Sarah with me for saving my life because well, she was very busy in laughing.

The best friend that I have is one in million...

Hellooo reader! The update it here. What do you think happens next?

Vote. Share. Comment .