fifty

halle

On Hunter's first birthday, I posted the pictures and caption I had planned. Just that morning, Tyler and I had reactivated our Instagram accounts. We were both making posts for this day.

The first picture was from last weekend, when we'd celebrated his birthday with my family in Toronto. It was Tyler and I, holding Hunter and posing for the camera. After that, I posted a picture of Tyler holding Hunter on the day he was born. Tayler had taken the picture when I was incoherent and Tyler was looking down in complete awe and raw emotion. The third and fourth slides were explanations of the past year.

One year ago, Tyler and I welcomed this amazing and sweet baby boy into the world. Hunter Oswald Dewalt was born at 3:23 p.m. on September thirteenth, 2022. He weighed a whopping 8.7 pounds, and cried like we'd just taken his favorite toy away.

We don't regret keeping him a secret from the world. We're both overjoyed that we get to share our little bundle with the fans finally.

Thank you everyone who has supported our little family in the past year, particularly the staff and team of the Blackhawks organization. No other franchise would've handled our secret so professionally.

To Tyler, thank you for being the best dad to this little bean. You were there for long FaceTimes and all the warmies excitement. Although we didn't have a cup to show for his first year on earth, he still knows his daddy is a champion. We're rooting for you this season!

A lot has happened behind the scenes in the past year. I got married to the man of my dreams and father of my child. We adopted Diggly (not my proudest moment as a cat person). We moved into my absolute dream house, and I finally got that minivan. No more BMW. Hunter learned to creep, crawl, and cruise around our apartment all by himself. He even attended his first swimming lesson with Uncle Connor and Aunt Lauren over the summer.

So much has happened. But as always, there's more craziness to come. Now that the secret is out, another one may be in the works...Stay tuned, Hawks fans.

Much love,
Halle Dewalt

Tyler's message was similar. But he had no idea about the other two secrets. Yes...two.

Two little hearts that would outnumber us. Two little smiles that be the best little brothers to Hunter. Two mischievous little boys that would drive Diggly crazy. This time, I was ready for it. I was ready to devote the rest of my life to my three sons.

 I was ready to devote the rest of my life to my three sons