Powerless

The door finally cracks open when it's already dark outside. At this point, I'm half asleep, dozing in bed, but as soon as that doorknob twists, I am completely awake, ready to shift, attack, kill, to run. 

The man steps inside and just like that, all my previous thoughts about attacking vanish. The man brings power with him, radiating from his skin, promising an instant death for any disobedience. I want to lower my head, to bare my neck for this strange northerner- definitely an alpha. Despite my stupid wolf instincts, I hold my head up. I won't cower. 

I don't want to get up wearing only a t-shirt, so I stay sitting, ready, oh, so ready to run. I can feel my own pulse in my veins, adrenaline keeping me on the edge. My fingertips are tingling, I'm ready for action. I narrow my eyes, focusing on the man's every move. Move away from the door, god damn.

The man turns the lights on and I squint, not actually daring to fully close them. I feel like a prey of a wolf - as soon as I turn away, he will pounce on me. 

He's wearing all black - a shirt, pants, jacket, and combat boots. The only different colors are his ivory hair and these strange, light blue eyes. He closes the door and heads toward me. Shit, I'll have to open the door now... As he gets closer, my breath once again picks up and I am a quivering mess. It seems that with each of his steps, the room gets smaller and smaller, his aura filling the whole space. It's suffocating. He stops near the bed and towers over me, threatening me with this pose, daring me to challenge him in a silent fight for dominance. I stare at his ice-cold eyes, fixing on those black pupils. We stare at each other like this for a few seconds, both not moving. Then, the man bends down just a little bit towards me, his lips forming a small smirk. I'm not afraid, my mind screams. But my stupid, weak body says different things and I lower my gaze, succumbing to his ascendancy.

He grunts in approval and suddenly my left arm is in his palms. I freeze. At this point, my heart threatens to either burst out or completely stop. It's okay okay okay. One two three. Count. One two three. I'm frozen in my spot, my arm stiff in his harsh grip. I feel my leg muscles tightening, ready to run. 

His fingers on my skin are more than I can handle, the sickening warmth makes my stomach twist and I try to pull my hand away from his grasp. He flashes his eyes on me and I can see the beast behind those icy orbs. ''Stop''. One single word and I still. He's an alpha. I have to obey. I'm powerless. Scared. One two three. I will vomit right here on his bed if he won't let go. One two three, I count eagerly.

The man inspects my arm, then releases it. I guess he's checking my wounds. Then he grabs my chin, pushing it up, turning my face to one side. My jaw is stiff, straining to gain back some control, but his fingers are strong, holding me in place.

"You intrigue me, little dove," he says, still with that smirk, his breath reaching my face. 

Now, this is way over my limits. "Stop' 'I growl, loud and clear, smacking his hand away from my face, and crawling to the other side of the bed, trying to put some distance between us. Stop touching stop touching. I leave him standing like that, the stupid smirk gone from his face, his lips forming a thin line.

In a second, he's in front of me again, grabbing my hair and dragging me out of the bed. The loud scream escapes my mouth as a stinging pain sears through my scalp. My hands fly to his palms, trying to make him release me, my nails digging into his skin, but his grip is too firm. Then, he slams me to a wall, choking me with one hand. I hear a low whoosh and then all that I feel is the burning sting on my left cheek. I think I see stars for a second. 

The growl escapes his throat ''Watch your mouth, dove''. So calm, cold. His grip then loosens and just like that, the man releases me, letting my body drop to the floor. ''Now, be a good little wolf and stay here. If you step out of this room, it won't end for you well.'' He looks down at me, threatening me to move. Still dealing with the aftershock, I gulp deep breaths o air and stare at this man who, to my luck, is supposed to be my mate.