Father's Daughter

Ethan

I have recognized her scent immediately - the sweet aroma of peonies made me take a deep breath. My head involuntarily turned towards the woman who disseminated that intoxicating smell... and I froze in my place, my eyes fixed on the woman I missed so much.

She was magnificent in that dress.

The quaint maroon color complimented her fair skin, making her eyes pop. Her neck and ears were adorned with jewels... She was the star of the evening, beautiful as ever. And her beauty was the least of her.

But despite her magnificence, Eira was different now. Pale. Thin. Her eyes, once always looking straight up, unafraid, was now glued to the floor, almost dreadful. Her steps were smaller, confined by the man who was pinning her to him. She was clutching her palms hard as to not let them tremble. 

She was afraid. She was wasting away. Where's the woman who stood right in front of me, unmoving, chin up, eyes blazing, brave the night we met?

But then, her body went rigid, her back straightened a little, she lifted her head up. I caught a glimpse of a woman who attacked her alpha once. 

And then she turned to me.

It was like an electric shock went through my body. For a second, I couldn't breathe. Our eyes met. Still as bright as always. Oh, Eira, how I missed your eyes...

I wanted to run to her, right here and now, and take her away from the monster who hurt her so much. I felt like jumping on him and killing him for what he's done to her right here and now. But I made myself to remain in my spot, not wanting to draw the northerner's attention to both of us. I wanted to spill his blood. But I had to go on with my plan.

Still not breaking the eye contact, I nodded my head towards the garden outside, my lips forming a silent ''five''. Eira, with her eyes bright and wide, slowly, almost unnoticeably, lowered her head. She understood.

Eira

After all the alphas were in the meeting room, well, except the particular orange-eyed one, I shoved through the remaining guests towards the front door to get outside. the damn dress restricted my movements, making me want to rip it away from my body. My heels didn't help too.

Damn, I missed this man.

Finally, I managed to get through and I basically ripped the door open, desperate to see him again. 

But as soon as I stepped into the cold, someone grabbed me from behind, forcing me to stop in my tracks. ''You're going to your bedroom, Ronan's orders''. A deep, cold voice. Rick. He will take me away. He will lock me in that bedroom to wait for the monster to come back. I couldn't let him do it. Not when Ethan was waiting for me just behind the corner.

So I took a deep breath, spun around, and, taking Rick by surprise, slammed my heels into his foot. Thanks for making me wear those tonight, dear mate. As soon as Rick bent over from pain, I punched my fist to his head as hard as I could. His body stiffened, then unceremoniously slammed to the ground.

And that's how I knocked out the Beta.

Oh god. Ronan will kill me. This time, he fucking will.

My head started spinning, blood rushed to my face, and I realized how bad I fucked up this time. I punched Ronan's beta. I fucking knocked him out. 

But then, the sweet scent of midnight made me take a deep breath and my head became a little lighter. Ethan will help me fix this.

''Grab his legs''. Ethan was already holding Rick by his shoulders, leaving no time for me to contemplate, so I scurried forward and did what I was told to. We managed to take his body to the back of the house and throw him into bushes to conceal my attack at least a little. Then, Ethan drew a small package from his jacket and poured its contents on his palm. I instantly knew what was inside. Wolfsbane. I could recognize its smell anywhere. Ronan had been injecting it into me for weeks to not let me heal fast.

Ethan opened Rick's mouth and unceremoniously poured the fine powder into it. He won't be awake for hours.

Then Ethan, not saying a word, took my hand and drew me away from the lights pouring from the inside to the darkness near the woods.

As we were far enough from the house, he turned and fixed his eyes on me. ''Eira, we don't have much time. Listen'' He was eager to talk, and talk fast. But I couldn't focus on his words. I've beaten Beta, Ronan is going kill me, the pack will hate me even more, and... he was finally here, standing in front of me. Alive. Ronan didn't kill him. 

''Eira, please.'' 

I snapped back. It was not time for me to be soft. ''I'm sorry, but... so much has happened. I... I'm just happy to see you.'' My words came out so full of relief it surprised me. Usually I wasn't the emotional one.

Ethan's face softened. ''You have no idea how I missed seeing you, love.''

His words warmed my heart, making it flutter. I don't remember the last time feeling something like that.

''But you have to listen and listen carefully. I want to end Ronan for good. Once, I just wanted to take his lands and get my revenge on him. He lied about my pack and me, telling everyone I killed his pack members. But now, seeing what he's done to you, to other women and men in his pack...'' I remembered Katherine, looking at me hopelessly after she told me she won't be able to escape, Hanna, broken into submission...  Keenan... Luke, killed just because I dated him... That man that Ronan killed just because he spilled water onto Ronan's shoes... 

And me.

Me, taken away from my family. Threatened. Bleeding. Taken away again. Me, with broken legs. Raped. Chained in the room forced to submission drunk sick raped again beaten and beaten and beaten...

''We will end this, Eira. You will end this. But if you want to change your fate, you'll have come with me.''

I snapped back from my thoughts. He can't be serious, right? ''What? No, I can't. You don't understand... He will find me, he always does, no... I... I can't, Ethan, if I go with you, he will kill me this time, he will kill my brother too. I can't go, not now. I'm sorry.'' 

Ethan looked crushed. ''Eira... If not now, then when? I won't make you do what you don't want to, but now is the only time you can escape. He will convince other alphas to help him deal with my pack. He will strengthen his pack, making sure you'll be locked away forever. With each passing day, you'll be stuck more and more. It's now or never, love.''

He looked at me, his eyes pleading.

And I knew he was right. Ronan will get what he wants. He always does. He will find out about the herbs I am using, he will make me bleed and then... then he will use my body to get his heir. And my future will be set forever. I'll become another Katherine. 

I have to do this. I was scared and frightened for too long. It's time to kill Ronan for everything he has done. It's time to call my blizzards and my storms.

It's time to be my father's daughter again.

A/N

Hello, my lovelies!
I hope you are all safe wherever you are. I hope you are well. 
And as always, I want to thank you for reading!
Love you all,
J.
xoxoxoxoxo