Stubborn

Ronan

She's too stubborn. He hates this kind of attitude, especially when it comes from a woman. Especially when it comes from his mate. He's the alpha. She won't make him look weak with all of this disobedience. Not in front of his pack. He will beat her into submission before she manages to ruin his reputation. 

But at the same time...

He loves it. He loves the way she pouts her lips in disapproval, the way she always tries to look bigger, dangerous. She always stares straight into his eyes, lowering her gaze just in time to not get punished for disrespect. He loves that she is strong, she intrigues him, and she stirs something deep in him, making him question everything he does. Her dirty little mouth irritates him, though. He's not used to people talking back to him, defying him. And he won't tolerate it, especially from her.

His wolf inside him is restless, wanting to claim her, to mark her as his in every possible way. He was satisfied when he bit her, but the look on her face,  the feeling marking her gave him... He wanted to throw her in his bed right there, but she looked so very tired, too emotional. And he didn't want her to pass out or break down in tears in the middle of the fun. 

She needed to get used to the idea that she is owned now. And he, being kind, let her have this one night to herself to put her thoughts in order. So he left her in the bedroom alone, telling her to sleep and giving her a direct order to stay in that room. Not trusting her, he locked the door, shifted, and went for a long run to clear his head.

Now he's dragging her down to the kitchen where some females are gathered to make breakfast for the pack. Eira is definitely not the morning person. When he came into the room, she was already up, but she was moody and didn't want to go with him, pouting those lips of hers and telling him she was not hungry. So he grabbed her hand and dragged her to the corridor, with Eira screaming and kicking. One look was enough for her to shut up.

As they come to the kitchen area, all the females lower their heads, baring their necks in respect. Eira should learn this behavior too. ''You'' He turns to his mate, finding her eyeing the people around her suspiciously. ''Stay here, don't even think of running off, you understand?'' he tugs her arm, making sure her attention is on him. ''Yes,'' she almost hisses through her clenched teeth, reminding him of a feral cat. His mind starts to wonder if she'll be as feral in bed too, imagining her squirming underneath him, those plump lips parted in pleasure...

He shakes his head, making the image in his head disappear. He doesn't need to get a boner before his usual training... ''Behave,'' he adds and goes to the training rooms outside.

*****

Eira

All the females are looking at me now, their eyes going straight to the freshly torn skin on my neck. I flinch, turning my body away from them. Damn, this whole place makes me so uncomfortable. One of them walks straight to me, her midnight hair braided in a nice French braid, her heart-shaped face open and friendly. ''Hey, new one!'' She smiles at me and put her cheek to mine, greeting me, taking my smell in. Others come to me too, wanting to meet the new member of the pack. They shouldn't bother as I'm not staying here for long...

I cautiously let them do this welcoming shit, but the fact that they all take in my smell is not very beneficial for my escape plan. They could easily pick my scent and try to hunt me down when I'm getting my ass out of this place. Every single one of them is an enemy to me.

''Why don't you sit down? You look starving, the food is almost ready,'' after all the introductions, the midnight hair girl, Hanna, says, turning to the table behind us. Should I just tell them all to fuck themselves and bolt straight to the door? But my ears catch voices, quickly getting nearer, so I nod and head to the big table, sitting down at its farthest corner. A second later, the door opens and the males start to fill the room. A few of them go straight to the girls, definitely their mates, kissing them passionately, hugging tightly. Oh for god's sake, please keep your pants in place.