Pretty Thing

I was sitting on a small chair in a very sketchy basement now. The tattooer was this old guy with long white beard and bald shiny head. Reminded me a gnome a little.

I felt woeful about all this. I knew for a long time now that one day the monster would make me do this, but still, having a permanent mark of belonging not only to him, but to his pack too, felt like loosing a piece of my soul. Well, if I the monster haven't completely destroyed it already.

The bald one picked a machine, positioning himself in front of my bared shoulder, and turned that scary thing on. Due to the fact that I was sitting in a creepy dungeon, with mold covering all the walls and with the smell of piss surrounding us, I was actually afraid of the possible blood contagion or some shit.

''When was the last time you changed the needle?'' I asked with the hint of disgust in my voice. The bald one didn't even look at me. He pressed the said needle to my skin, making me hiss a little.

''You know, I don't want to catch rabies or some shit from anyone on who it was used before.'' I continued, making him stop his progress. The gnome finally glanced at me, his face showing annoyance. ''It was used on only the members of the pack.''

''Exactly.'' I pushed.

The gnome's face got redder and redder. ''Just shut the hell up and don't move unless you want me to make it ugly.'' This made me to close my smart mouth and calm down. I didn't want him to completely ruin my first tattoo, even though it was a mark of possession.

I always wanted a tattoo. Something small on my ribs or behind my ear. Something cute. But I guess I will get a damn tribal tattoo on my shoulder and a possible infection from that dirty needle.

To my surprise, the tattooer was gentle and fast - I was hoping for much more painful session. But after about two hours, the artwork was complete. I glanced in the mirror, wanting so see how it looked from aside. 

The intricate pattern swirled on my arm, prominent on my pale skin. It looked... intrusive, wrong. I couldn't look any longer, so I thanked the gnome, pulled my heavy coat on and left this God's forsaken basement only to enter the raging blizzard outside.

As I jogged towards the pack house, I tried not to think about the fact that I had been marked as someone's property yet again.

***

I was sitting in front of an old piano, my fingers gently running over the keys, not actually pressing them, just taking in the feeling of cold whites and backs against my fingertips. I used to play, once. My mom taught me. I was never a really good player actually, I didn't inherit mom's natural talent. But still, I could play some pieces and it always brought serenity to my soul. The gentle flow of music always felt like home.

Only the dim light was illuminating the room, making dark shadows dance in its corners. It was eerily quiet here. I wanted to press the keys, I wanted to bring some peace to my heart. But won't I destroy the memories of my home if I played in this wicked place? 

Gently, so very gently, as not to scare the quietness around me, I pressed the first notes of my favorite piece - Largo by Bach. Tranquility embraced my heart - the sound of the old piano was lovely and comforting to my ears, bringing memories of my old life. I couldn't help but smile at the melody I was creating with my fingers.

I knew he was coming before I even heard his steps in the corridor. The scent of jasmine reached my nose and I caught myself taking it deep in my lungs. And I realized what it meant - with every passing day spent around him, the mating bond got a little stronger, pushing me harder and harder to finally accept my mate. Apparently, the nature was not liking the constant rejection. 

The door opened, letting the monster in. Even in the quiescency of the night, I could feel the power radiating from him in waves. A true born alpha.

He gently closed the door, stepping closer to me. ''You play?'' he softly asked, with tenderness in his voice.

I stopped playing, unprepared for a sudden audience. I didn't turn tu him, only watched my fingers fidgeting with each other. ''I used to, once.'' 

I glanced at him, but the ice didn't look back at me - his eyes were closed, his chest rising with a deep breath he took. ''Well it sounded lovely.'' Something changed in his voice, tenderness gone. I sure didn't like it.

''Um thanks.'' I mumbled. ''How's the stuff with Ethan?'' I tried to distract him from me and most importantly myself from him, from his intoxicating smell, but to no avail. The light buzz was blooming in my chest, slowly spreading trough my body. I didn't want it consume me whole.

He came and sat beside, wrapping his hands around me. ''I don't want to talk about him now.'' His voice was deep now, lustful. Gone was the delicacy of it. He dipped his head to my neck, inhaling my scent. ''Mm, you smell delightful, dove.'' he cooed. I shuddered from his words, thighs clenching, wanting to push him away, but at the same time, I kind of did not. What the hell was happening to me??

Ronan's lips touched my skin, making me quiver. Then, they started moving on my sensitive skin where his mark was, and for the first time, I did not feel repulsed. I wanted more. I dipped my head to the side, giving him a better access for the sweet spot that he was now nipping on. I let out a long breath, closing my eyes in delight.

Wait, I don't want this, I need to stop this now.

''Ronan, Ronan, nhhhhh''. A quiet moan escaped my lips when his warm palms lifted my sweater and pressed against my hot skin. I lifted my hand - to strike or to caress? - then slowly put it on his chest. ''Ronan, stop...'' My voice sounded small and out of breath. Was I panting

But the monster did none of that. He grabbed me, lifting me up and positioning me so that I was straddling his hips. He was still sitting on the piano chair and I wrapped my hands around his neck so I wouldn't fall, subconsciously pushing my breasts to his chest. 

His lips moved up to mine while his hands grabbed my thighs, squeezing them hard. I gasped, giving his tongue an entrance to my mouth. Like in everything else, Ronan controlled the kiss. He kissed intently, territorially, sending goosebumps down my spine. 

I felt my fingers tangling in his hair, my body pressing against his... It felt divine. I could feel my body reacting to his, sweet ache pooling in my belly, toes curling with every stroke of his palm, fireworks exploding in my chest... I was melting in his arms.

His fingers crept around my waist up to my back, drawing small circles, then finally releasing my bra clasp. I knew where this was going, but the need of his touch was too powerful to let me break the kiss or push him away. My wolf screamed at me to press to him harder, to wrap myself tighter, to let my instincts control me...

''Such a pretty thing you are...'' he purred between the kisses, hot lips trailing down my chest,  fingers lifting the hem of my sweater. Pretty thing. A doll. A puppet for alpha to play with. 

That jolted me awake from this strange state I was in. I put my hands on his chest to push myself away. ''Stop, stop!'' I cried, but he had none of it. He continued his sinister kisses, squeezing me tight to his chest, stopping me from escaping his grip.

''Just give in, Eira'' he said huskily, hot breath soothing my now sweaty skin. ''You want this even more than I do.'' Oh hell no. With that, I gathered my strength, feeling my talons grow, and pushed the monster with all my might, scratching his skin, even drawing blood. He lost his balance, releasing his grasp a little, and I managed to stumble away, almost falling to the floor. 

Backing away quickly, my palm searching for the knob, I tried to push my sweater down, covering my bare stomach. Finally, I pushed the door and staggered out as quickly as I could, expecting the monster to follow me. But I could only hear his soft laugh. ''Darling, you know you won't run from me forever.''

 A/N

Hello, my darlings! So there's another chapter of the story! Thank you for 900 reads, I can't even wrap my head around this number!
As always, please vote and let me know what you think about this one in the comments!
Love you all,
J.
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo