Changes

He didn't let me out of his sight. Actually, he didn't even let me out of his grip. His hand was always around my hip or encircling my upper arm or even entwining his fingers to mine. He was my personal cage.

At this point, I was starting to be kind of desensitized to his touch. It didn't feel like I was going to pass out every time our skin touched, my vision wasn't blurring anymore, nonetheless, my body still felt dirty, clammy and way too hot for my liking every time he would as much as look at me. 

The moment he led me to the dining room, every chatter in the room ceased for a second. I felt lightheaded, seeing all those eyes drilling holes in me. Finally, after it felt like hours, everyone got back to their business and Ronan and I sat down.

It was weird to be sitting in the same chair I was sitting a year and a half ago. It felt like I have never actually escaped. Like nothing changed here at all. It felt like that blissful year and a half was only a  beautiful dream and now I had to wake up and come back to reality. 

Reality sucked.

Even though everything looked the same at first glance, the change was still visible. The monster's Beta, who was always sitting on his right alone, had a girl seated beside him, a baby in her arms. Katherine. I tried to catch her eye, but she never lifted her face from the child. She tended him with care and love, however, I couldn't see any happiness in her. Her eyes held no spark, her hair was frizzy and uncombed. She looked empty. Yet another broken soul.

Finally, I managed to pull my eyes away from her and look around. There were fewer people around the table now. I couldn't say who was actually missing, I never cared enough to meet these people, but the numbers were wrong, I have no doubt about it.

Hanna wasn't sitting on my left anymore. She sat beside Katherine now, eyeing her and the baby all the time she ate. Her eyebrows were slightly furrowed, lips pressed tightly. I swear she was jealous. Weird, remembering that she once told me she didn't want a kid. Yet another small change.

The whole atmosphere in the room was different, too. Once it was friendly, even welcoming, I could say. Now, everyone was a little more quiet, a little more respectful. All pack members looked at Ronan with not only respect, but also with fear in their eyes. What have he done?

And Ronan... He was even more intimidating than he ever was before. The aura he emitted... It was straight up terrifying. Once, I was able to see Ronan as a person, a human being, but now, he was a true animal in human's skin. He was quieter now, more collected. But he didn't have to vocalise his power - his presence itself was dreadful enough for me to shake like a leaf. 

Something happened here while I was gone. Something that he did... I'll have to ask Hanna or Kat about it. 

But now, I focused on food. Ronan told me, no, ordered me, to behave unless I want to be chained again. The fact that he literally commanded me to play nicely made me want to do completely different things, but damn, I wanted to get the hell out of that bedroom at least for a day. 

So I sucked it up and acted as his pretty little mate - I ate, quietly sitting the whole time, I didn't shake away his palm on my leg, didn't even flinch when he grabbed me and kissed me. I was so good.

I sure as hell hated that bedroom.

Then, someone screamed outside. Everyone jumped on their feet, food forgotten. Ronan shot his eyes on me, making sure I was okay. Dude, of course I'm okay, I was sitting here for the last half an hour dammit. He grabbed my hand and very, very aggressively said ''You are staying right beside me, understood? Don't even think about leaving my side''. I nodded my head, eager to know what happened outside.