The Grand Meeting

A/N

I don't know what to say! 4.7 k reads?? How??
To all my silent readers - consider giving a bit of your time to let me know what you think! I'd love to know whether you like my story or not. Maybe I need to change something? Maybe you've found mistakes etc? Just let me know!

Eira

The meeting was huge. I expected to see many people gathering, but not... that many. There was a sea of them, all well dressed, all arrogant, and all reeking of power. You couldn't mix this scent with anything else. Every werewolf on this planet knew the only ones that carried this smell. The alphas. And now, they and their closest family members from the entire continent came here to discuss their stupid werewolf business.

Of course, as the pack alpha's mate, I had to ''fill my duties''. I had to smile, to greet people, to put on a mask of this pretty and obedient Ronan's doll. So now, I was standing at Ronan's side, tucked under his arm, faking to be an ideal mate for the leader of the pack. But even though my face held a perfectly staged smile, my petite body was stiff against the monsters big and muscular one, completely ill at ease.

Ronan looked good in his black suit - strong and confident. He greeted all the guests with a firm handshake, passing a few words with them, then moving to the next visitors. A true leader of the household. I, on the other hand, must've looked small and frightened in my tight fitted maroon dress. 

 Man, I was bad at acting.

I was so very uncomfortable to be around this many powerful people. Every common werewolf would. The usual aura that even one alpha radiated made you want to lower your gaze, to bear your neck, to crunch a little to look smaller. It made you feel scared and irrelevant.

Imagine how a hundred alphas in one place would make you feel.

I would lie if I told you that Ronan's presence wasn't a little comforting. Even though I was held prisoner against his form, I would rather be clutched by the alpha who would protect me, rather than to stand here between all these leaders all alone. His grip was hard, possessive, but at least I was safe with this monster.

I tried to feel hatred or disgust towards this man, but the scariest part was that I no longer couldn't. Every time Ronan's palms brushed against my hips or his fingers went dangerously close to my breasts, I couldn't distinguish that small flame growing inside me, making me flinch or gently gasp from this unwanted touch.

And he noticed every single one of my reactions, making sure to get more of them throughout the night, enjoying making me so uncomfortable and distracted.

After everyone was greeted at the door, the monster dragged me from one Alpha to the other, making me exchange pleasantries with them and their families. They all were shallow and bumptious people, only caring about themselves. I didn't bother remembering their names.

But even though I couldn't wait for the unofficial part to be finally over so I could sneak the hell out of here and go to sleep, all evening my eyes were searching for one man. The one I didn't flinch or cowered from. The one I yearned to see these past few months.

But no matter how hard I looked, I couldn't find those unique orange-red eyes. I couldn't smell his faint jasmine scent. He wasn't here.

Was Ronan behind all of this? Has he finally figured out how to get rid of Ethan forever? Did he kill Ethan, just like he killed Luke? And if it's true... It's all my fault. Ethan died because of me. I couldn't bear this thought. I wouldn't be able to live with this guilt. I wouldn't be able to live.. without him.

For what it felt like hours,  I was made to be dragged around, just a pretty doll by the northerner's side, a baby-making machine. No one talked to me, every question that was asked about me was directed to the monster beside me. Most of the time I felt numb and empty - Ethan's absence affected me more than I imagined it could. But one question has shaken me awake.

''Why she has not given you a pup yet, Ronan?'' My whole body stiffened. The monster never asked me this question, I knew that he grew more and more agitated with each day I didn't show signs of pregnancy, but he never actually demanded me to explain myself. But now...

Ronan's beside me hardened. His arm clutched my waist harder, talons digging to my skin. I feared he will draw blood. I feared he will rip the man in front of him apart. I feared he will rip me apart.

But the monster contained himself. He pulled me tighter to his body, grabbing me even harder, and very, very calmly answered ''Eira had some... obedience problems. She got so much better now, yes?'' He shot his icy blues at me, daring to defy him. My heart fluttered, making my palms sweaty. ''Y-yes.'' I managed to squeeze through my lips, not wanting to be literally killed in front of everyone. Ronan's stare promised me that if I won't agree, he would definitely do it.

The Alpha that asked the question gave an approving grunt and I managed to get some air in my lungs and relax myself a little. But Ronan did not. He will carry this question in his mind for the whole night, wondering how and why I am still not infested with his spawn, then deciding that chaining me to his bed and raping me for a whole month should do the trick. Just like Rick did to Katherine.

But I don't know what I should do to change that. I tried running. I tried resisting him. I even tried drinking everything away. Nothing worked.

I've been here for a while now. Even if I escaped, I wouldn't know how to find my brother. And my mother... I am starting to forget her voice now.

It seems like the Moon tries to tell me that there's no other way. After more than two years, I finally have to accept my place as Ronan's mate. As his pretty little baby-making machine. Just like most of the girls there did.

So... My battle is finally over. This meeting marks the end of my fight. My storms and blizzards in me have died. The monster has won. Just like he said he will. And I have to deal with it.

By now, I am exhausted. I just want this meeting to be finally over so that I could go and curl up in bed. But then, when the official part of the meeting, where alphas go and discuss their business behind the closed doors, was about to begin, my nose caught a brief scent of comforting... darkness.

Ethan.

A/N

So... What do you think will happen next? ;)
As always, let me know what you think! If you liked this chapter, consider giving a vote!
Thank you for all the support <3
I love you all,
J.
xoxoxoxoxoxo