Meet and greet

I've never really been a New Jersey Devils fan. After all I live in ____(where you live). But I do love hockey. I don't play but I love to watch it. But lately I've been watching the Devils games to see Jack Hughes. Now I would do anything to meet him. But it would really never happen. My parents would definitely not get me on a plane to go to New Jersey. Although I wish they would. I'm in school, in my last class. There's still 20 minutes left. I just wait and put my head down on my desk. After the last bell rings I go to my locker so I can put my coat on and get everything I need. I close my locker to see my best friend standing there. I got scared and jumped of course. We start to walk to the bus and my phone goes off saying I got a text. I look at it and it's from my mom.
~Texts~
Mom- when you get home we have something to tell you.
You- okay mom, is it bad?
Mom- not at all. You're not in trouble either. It's really good, I think you'll enjoy it!
You- okay can't wait! Love you.
Mom- love you too!
~End of texts~
"Who was that?" I show her my phone and she nods her head. We get on the bus and sit together. She gets off a little before me. She gets off and I look out the window. It's my stop and I get off the bus. I walk up to my house. I walk in and go to the kitchen. I take my jacket off and hang it on the rack. I go and get a bottle of water and sit down on a stool. My mom walks in with a huge smile on her face. "Hi honey, how was school?" I smile back at her. "It was really good mom. How was your day?" "It was so good. Well I have something for you." She slides a envelope across the table to me. "Don't open it yet but since you're doing so good at school and you've been doing good on all your tests. Your dad and I decided to get you something. We think you'll really like it." I smile at her and my dad walks in. He smiles at me and walks to the fridge. "You can open it now honey." I nod and open the envelope. I look inside and there's a paper. It says "I know you've been doing really good in school and you deserve a treat. There's something in the living room and your bedroom. Love you, mom and dad." I get up and walk into the living room. I look on the table and see another envelope. I open it and see plane tickets. "Where are we going that we need plane tickets?" My mom smiles "look at it little closer." I look closer and my mouth drops. "Wait! New Jersey! No way!" She smiles at me and my dad laughs. "Isn't there something in your room too?" I run to my room and see another envelope on my bed. I open it and see New Jersey Devils tickets. "Omg! I'm going to see a Devils game!" "There's something under your pillow too." I lift up my pillow and see a meet and greet ticket. "IM GOING TO MEET JACK HUGHES?!" My parents look at each other and laugh. "Yes y/n you're going to meet Jack Hughes." I start to cry happy tears and run to my parents and hug them. "Thank you thank you thank you!" My parents walk out of my room and I look at the plane tickets, game tickets, and the meet and greet pass. I take a picture and send it to y/f/n.
~texts~
You- IM GOING TO MEET JACK HUGHES
y/f/n- OMG IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU
you- I CANT BELIVE IT
~end of texts~
I smile at myself and start to pack. I fall asleep and think about what could happen.
Time skip
Today is the day when we leave and go to New Jersey. We have to wake up at 5 in the morning, I am not excited. I get up and throw this on.

I get my bag and everything I need and walk downstairs

I get my bag and everything I need and walk downstairs. I get to the living room and sit on the couch scrolling through TikTok. My parents come down and we all put our things in the car. We start to drive to the airport and I can't stop smiling.
Time skip
We board the plane and I fall asleep as soon as the plane takes off.
Another time skip, I know annoying
The plane lands and we all get off. We find our rental car and drive to our hotel. We get to the hotel and start to get ready because the game is tonight. I put on a dress and my Hughes jersey over it.

^your dressWe drive to the Prudential Center and park

^your dress
We drive to the Prudential Center and park. We walk into the arena and find our seats. Little did I know our seats were first row next to the Devils bench. I take a picture of the ice and post it on Instagram. I text y/f/n and tell her we are here and that we are right next to the bench. We got there very early so the players aren't even on the ice warming up yet.
They are playing the Pittsburgh Penguins. They both come out and start to warm up. I am standing up by the glass and I made a sign. It says " #86 I came all the way from ____(your hometown) to see you. Can I get a puck?" He skates over and throws a puck over than hold up his finger. He skates away and comes back with a stick and tosses that over the glass to me. I start crying and look at my parents and they are filming it. "He gave me a puck and a stick." I smile and hug my mom. The game starts and it was a pretty uneventful first period. The second period they were tied 2-2. The third period was pretty nerve racking. There was 2 minutes left and Jack scored on a one timer! I jump up and smile. He skates past me and to the bench. I sit down and the last minute of the game starts. The game ends and the Devils won! They all go to the locker room after celebrating. I grab my stick and puck and we walk out to the main floor of the arena. We put on our VIP meet and greet pass. We have to wait 5 minutes and I am so excited! They check our passes and we go into the meet and greet area. I see Jack and I smile and turn towards my parents and hug them. "Thank you so much!" "Your welcome hunny, but go and meet Jack, he doesn't have that long of a line right now." I smile and walk over to the line. I still have my stick and puck from earlier because I never gave it to my parents. There is one person in front of me and I am so excited and I little nervous. They take their picture and it's my turn. I start to cry before I even get up to him. He immediately pulls me into a hug and I can feel him playing with my hair a little. "Where should I put these?" He smiles and looks at them. "So you're the girl who came from __ to see me." I smile and blush a little. I nod my head. He takes the stick and grabs a marker and autographs it. That makes me cry a little more. He takes the puck and puts it on the floor next to him. He pulls me into another hug and I am still crying. He pulls away, "hey why is a beautiful girl like you crying?" I smile at how he called me beautiful. "I just can't believe that I'm meeting you and I'm a little nervous not gonna lie." We both laugh at the last part. He pulls me into another hug and puts his head on my head. "Okay we should take a picture." I turn to my parents and he wraps his arm around me. They take a picture and he pulls away and goes to the table and writes something down he hands me the stick that he signed, the puck, and the piece of paper. I smile at him and we go for another hug. We pull away and say goodbye and I walk to my parents. My mom shows me all the  pictures and she sends them to me. We go to the car and drive to the hotel. When we get to the hotel I sit on the bed and look at everything I got today. I look at the puck which is so cool. Then I look at the stick which has his autograph. Then I remember the piece of paper. I take it out and look at it. It says " I couldn't help but notice how beautiful you are. He's my number maybe we can talk." I scream and my mom and dad run to me. "Honey  are you okay?" I laugh. "Mom I'm great. He gave me his phone number!" My mom smiles and hugs me. "Did you enjoy today?" I laugh "definitely." I smile and put his number in my phone and decide to text it.
~Texts~
You- hey it's y/n from the game
Jack- oh hey I'm glad you found it
You- that was so nice of you to give me the stick and puck. Let alone sign it.
Jack- of course! I'm so glad I could give you my number
You- I still can't believe you did
Jack- well you are beautiful
You- thank you! Well I'm gonna go to sleep but goodnight Jack
Jack- goodnight gorgeous

Word count: 1698
A/n~ thank you for reading! I hope you liked it!