Ball

My dad works at this fancy company and every year they have a ball. I think it's stupid but I go every year to make my parents happy. I usually go alone but this year my dad is setting me up with one of his coworkers sons. I've never met him so I'm kinda nervous but who knows maybe he's cute. It's Saturday so I don't have to wake up early but when I do I look at my phone. It's noon and the party starts at 5pm. I get up and get into the shower. Once I'm done I put on sweats and a t-shirt until I put my dress on. I go and lay on my bed and start to watch YouTube. After a while I get up and go downstairs to eat. When I get downstairs my mom is making waffles. I sit down at the table and wait for my food. "Morning mom" she turns towards me and smiles. "Good morning sunshine." She walks over and put my food on my plate and sits across from me. "How'd you sleep?" "Pretty good sweetie, how about you?" I nod and smile. "Well why don't you finish eating then go get ready. Jack is coming in two hours." Jack?! I'm going to the ball with Jack?! Great. We're friends I guess. I've liked him since the day I saw him, but he has a girlfriend. I nod and finish eating. When I'm done I put my plate in the sink and head to my room. I put my hair into a bun and start to do my makeup. My phone rings and it's a FaceTime from my best friend. I answer it and she has the most goofy face. I laugh and go back to doing my makeup.
On the phone
Y/f/n- "Did you find out who your dad set you up with?"
You- "Yeah it's Jack."
Y/f/n- "Jack...?"
You- "Hughes. Jack Hughes."
Y/f/n- "Wait doesn't he have a girlfriend?"
You- "Last time I checked yeah."
Y/f/n- "So why isn't he bringing her?"
You- "How would I know? Maybe they broke up?"
Y/f/n- "My girl is gonna shoot her shot tonight!"
You- "We'll see about that."
Y/f/n- "Okay well I'll let you finish"
End of call
She hangs up and I finish my makeup.

"Y/f/n- "Okay well I'll let you finish"End of callShe hangs up and I finish my makeup

I start to do my hair and when it's done it looks like this.

I look at the time and it's 1:30. I have half an hour until Jack is gonna come. I get out my dress and walk into my bathroom.