Sunday Surprise

Today is just a normal Sunday. I get up around noon and lay in my bed on my phone. Once I finally decide to get up, I go and get into the shower. Once I'm done I walk into my room and search for a cute outfit.

Eventually I come up with this

Eventually I come up with this. I get dressed and walk downstairs. I get my breakfast and walk outside to the deck in my backyard. I sit down and start to eat. I turn on my phone and start to watch Jack Hughes highlights. Once I'm finished eating I go inside and clean my bowl. I walk back upstairs and decide to go swimming for a bit. I lay on my bed because I am a procrastinator. I look at the time and it's 2:30 already. I get up and walk to my new bathing suit. I put in on and look in my mirror.

I grab a towel and walk downstairs

I grab a towel and walk downstairs. I get outside and put my towel down and grab the skimmer. I start to clean the pool. Once I'm done I sit on the edge of the pool and eventually get in. I get in and start to swim around. After a while I get out and lay my towel out. I lay down and start to tan when my phone goes off. It a text from a random number.
Texts
???- Hey is this y/n?
You- Depends on who this is
???- Oh sorry, this is Jack
You- I'm gonna need a little more than that
Jack- You know my last name
You- No I'm sure I don't the only Jack I know is Jack Hughes and it's definitely not him
Jack- And why are you so sure?
You- Hm maybe because he's a famous hockey player in the NHL and I'm just me
Jack- Just you huh? We'll see about that
End of texts
That was odd. It couldn't have actually been him I mean how would he have gotten my number. I put my phone down and resume tanning. After a while my mom comes outside. "Sweetie you've been out here a while why don't you go inside and change?" I look at the time and it's 4pm. I nod and pick up my towel and phone. I walk inside and to my room. When I get there I walk over to my bed. I grab my clothes and see a piece of paper. I shrug it off and change. When I look at the paper again it's an envelope from the New Jersey Devils. I open it and read the letter. 'Hello, we heard that you love hockey and support the Devils so thank you. We also heard you really like Jack. We've teamed up with your family to give you a surprise. Enjoy!' Whats that supposed to mean? I walk downstairs and into the living room where my mom is. "Hey mom? What does the letter mean? What am I going to enjoy?" She turns around and smiles. "Well your father and I did team up with the Devils to give you a little surprise. I won't tell you what it is but you'll enjoy it. Also have you gotten a text?" I look at my phone and don't see a text. Then I remember earlier while I was outside. "Well I got a text from a random number and they claimed to be Jack. I don't buy it at all though." She laughs and turns back around. "You should trust your instincts y/n." Was that really Jack Hughes? I go into the kitchen and look outside. There's a knock at the door that snapped me out of my thoughts. "Hunny could you get that please?" I walk over to the door and open it. In front of me is Jack Hughes. He's holding flowers and a box. "Mom!" She comes up next to me and acts like he's just some regular person. "Oh hey Jack come on in." I step out of the way and stand there in complete shock. I close the door and walk to where they are. "Hey y/n did you get my texts earlier?" I look at my phone and open up the texts. I show him my phone and he nods. "How'd you get my number?" He hands me the flowers and takes my hand. We sit down on the couch. "Well the Devils and your family teamed up to get me here to surprise you. I heard that your a big fan and would like to meet me someday." I out the flowers down next to me and look at him. "Am I dreaming? This doesn't seem real. Can I hug you?" He pulls me into a hug and I am just starting to overcome the shock. "Uh I also brought you something else so go ahead and open it up." I take the box and open it. Inside is a Hughes jersey! "Thank you! I wanted one so bad!" "There's more though, take it out." I take out the jersey and there's a marker. He takes the marker and autographs the jersey. "Oh and we also got you tickets to a game." He hands me three tickets to a Devils game. "Omg thank you!" We hang out for a little bit more then he has to leave. "Oh y/n, two things. Let's text more and maybe we could FaceTime and promise me you won't give my number out. That's my actual phone number so be careful with it." I hug him again and he kisses the top of my head then walks out of the house. I run to my mom and hug her. "Thank you!" I run to my room with all my things and FaceTime y/f/n. "Jack Hughes was just at my house! I got a jersey and he autographed it! Then he gave me tickets to a game! I have his phone number and he said we should FaceTime and text more!" "I'm so happy for you y/n!" We talk for a few more minutes and eventually hang up. I decide to text Jack more and we end up FaceTimeing. I get to see Quinn and Luke, and I also said hi to his parents! Today was the best day ever!

Word count: 1078
A/n~ Thank you for reading! I wrote this at like 4 in the morning so it's not that good but yeah!