Ice Skating

Finally, the end of the day. Five minutes left in last period. I start packing up and put my pencil in my bag. The bell rings and I get up and out the door as fast as I can. I go to my locker and put my binder away. "Hey y/n can I ask you something?" I turn and see Jack, my crush for a few years. "Oh hey Jack. Yeah sure anything." My best friend walks up and stand by my locker on her phone. "Would you wanna go skating with me tonight?" I look at y/f/n and back at Jack. "Yeah of course! But I can't skate very well actually at all." He smiles, "Well I do and I'll teach you." He smile back at him and he turns and walks away. "Well you were pretty calm." I close my locker and turn to her. "Y/f/n! I'm going skating with Jack Hughes! My crush asked me to go with him!" "There it is." We walk out of the school towards the bus. "Wait! Y/n!" I turn and see Jack running towards us. "I never got your number." I nod and take his phone. I put in my number and hand his phone back. He smiles and I turn back around to y/f/n. We walk to the bus and sit down together. "How are you feeling there y/n?" "I'm so excited! Words can't describe it!" The bus pulls up to my stop and I get off after saying goodbye to y/f/n. I walk into my house and to my room. I open my door and flop onto my bed. My phone goes off and it's a text from Jack.
Texts
Jack- Hey y/n it's Jack, just letting you know I'll come around 6 if that's okay.
You- Hey Jack, that sounds good I'll get ready!
End of texts
If I'm going to look good I should probably start now. It's 4:30 and I go to my closet.

I pull out this outfit and put it on

I pull out this outfit and put it on. I go to my vanity and put on light makeup. When I'm done I curl my hair at the bottoms and put on a hat. I go under my bed and pull out my hockey skates. I've had them for a while I've just never got out on the ice. I walk out and to the living room. "Hey sweetie where are you going?" "Oh hi mom, Jack is taking me skating tonight." She nods and walks into the kitchen. I sit on the couch and go on my phone. I hear a knock on my door and go to open it. Jack is standing at the door with a smile on his face. "You look amazing y/n." I smile and blush but before he could see it I turn to grab my skates. "Bye mom I love you!" "I love you too!" I turn back to Jack and walk out the door. I close the door behind us and walk to his car. He opens my door for me and I get in. He gets in and pulls out of my driveway. "So you've never been skating? That's surprising, you are always watching and talking about hockey." Wait he actually listens to me? Wow. "Yeah I love hockey but I've never gotten the chance. I wish I had though because I'm sure I'll fall all night." He laughs and stops for a red light. "I won't let you fall I promise." I blush again and look out the window. We pull into the ice rink and get out of the car. We walk to the door and get our wristbands so we can get on the ice. We walk to the bench and I sit down. I slip my skates on but struggle to tie them. I try to watch Jack do it but he gets it done so quickly. "Need some help with those?" I nod and he ties my skates for me. I stand up and loose my balance already. He grabs my waist to stop me from falling. "Not even on the ice yet and you are struggling." I nod and we walk to the ice. Jack steps on the ice and starts to skate around for a bit. He skates back over to me and looks at me. "Come on I got you." He grabs my hand and I slowly step onto the ice. I slip and he catches me before I fall again. "Okay, here's what we're gonna do. I'm gonna stand behind you and hold you so you don't fall. All you have to do is move your feet." I nod and he skates behind me. He grabs onto my waist and I put my hands over his. I start to move my feel and I slip and fall back into Jack. "I'm not very good at this." He laughs and wraps his arms around my waist. He starts to skate and I move as he does. He starts to speed up and I grab onto his arms. I think he can tell that I'm a little nervous because he holds onto me tighter. When we get around to the bench again to skate around the rink again a girl comes up to us from the bench. "Hello, I'm doing a photography class at school and I was wondering if I could take a picture of the two of you? You two look like a very happy couple." Just when I was about to say that we're not a couple Jack speaks up. "Yes of course you can!" I look up at him and he skates further back. "Great! So maybe if you guys could stay like that and just look at each other that would be great!" I nod and look up at Jack. He's already looking down at me and smiling. God I love that smile. I smile at him and he squeezes my waist and I squeeze his arms in response. "Great! Thank you guys so much! You're so cute." She turns and walks away. "So a couple huh?" He turns me so we're facing each other and I stumble a little. I catch my balance and his face is red. "Well she seemed so sweet and uh I was being nice. Well anyways let's try and have you skating by yourself before we leave." I nod and he skates ya over to the boards. I grab onto the side and he stands a few feet away from me. "Okay now just skate to me. Hold onto the boards and skate. Push off one door then the other. I do what he says and push off one foot. I look down at my feet and push off the other. "Don't look down, look at me with those gorgeous eyes." I look up at him and push off my feet. He is skating father back as I get closer and eventually he stops. "You did it! You skated around half the ice!" I look around and I did! "I did it! I skated!" I push myself to him and hug him. He hugs back super tight. "Okay I'm cold so can we please be done?" He smiles and nods his head. I takes my hand and try's to skate across the middle of the ice to the bench. "Wait no I can't skate like that." He looks at me and wraps his arm around me. We skate to the bench and sit down. He takes off my skates than his. We both out on our shoes and head over to the concession stand to get hot chocolate. He gets in line and tells me to sit down at a table. I sit down and open my phone. I see a text from y/f/n I click on it.

(Just picture it in the scene)How did she get that picture? I thought the girl took it

How did she get that picture? I thought the girl took it. Wait, she did look kinda familiar. Wait it was g/n, y/f/n's friend. I look at the picture and can't help but smile. Jack walks over with our drinks and sits down. "What are you smiling at?" I put my phone down and look at him. "Well you know the girl who took our picture? Well it's y/f/n friend. It was set up so she could get a picture of us." He smiles and looks at my phone. "It's a cute picture, could you send it to me?" "Why?" He gives me my phone back and takes his out. "Because I would like to look at it and remember this. It was one of the best nights of my life so far. I had the best time with the best girl." I look in his eyes and smile. "Jack that's so sweet. Yeah I just sent it to you." He looks at his phone as he sees the message pop up and he smiles. "Maybe I could make it my wallpaper like I could make you my girl?" I look around in shock. "Me? You want me?" He nods and takes my hand. "Y/f/n y/l/n would you be my girlfriend? And we could do this all the time. And hang out and you could come to my games and we could go to nhl games together." I smile and lean over the table to kiss him. "Yes Jack of course I will be your girlfriend, and I will be at every game!" He smiles and kisses me. "Well what do you say? I should probably get you home." I nod and pick up my skates. We walk out of the rink holding hands and get into his car. We drive to my house and he walks me to my door. "Tonight was really fun. I'm glad I could spend it with you." I smile and grab his hand. "Thank you for teaching me. Maybe we could do it again." "I'll see you at school tomorrow y/n. Goodnight." I watch him pull out of the driveway and drive away. I go inside and close the door. I stand at the door and smile to myself. "Good night sweetie?" I turn to see my mom. "Very good night." "Tell me." I nod and we go and sit on the couch. "Well first we got there and I couldn't get my skates tied, so he did it for me. Then we got on the ice and I almost fell but he caught me. And he skated around with me, he was holding onto me and skating so I really didn't do much work. But then a girl came up to us and asked us if she could take a picture of us for school. Turns out the girl was y/f/n friend. So we took the picture. Then I skated by myself! After I did it I skated into Jack and gave him a hug. Then we got off the ice and he took my skates off for me. Then he bought me hot chocolate. And he asked me out! So now we're dating and it was the best night!" She hugs me and kisses my head. "Let me see the picture!" I show her the picture and she smiles. "Okay sweetie, you go get to bed because you have school tomorrow but Jack will have to have dinner with us sometime!" I smile and go to my room. I lay on my bed and think about tonight when my phone goes off.
Texts
Jack- Hey beautiful, thank you for letting me take you out tonight!
You- Of course! It was so fun!
Jack- Okay well goodnight princess, I'll see you tomorrow❤️
You- Goodnight my hockey player❤️

Word count: 1995
A/n~ thank you for reading! Also 2k reads?! Wow! I hope you enjoyed this story because I loved writing it!