Chapter XXVIII. A Big Step

Mia Pov

Mike took me home, Adam left early as soon as we came out of court, may be it is time we maintain distance from each other, to avoid media to stir in and start gossiping about Adam and my relation, it will be good if i stay away from him.

"Mia we reached home" saying this mike turned off the engine, and went out of the car, i followed, he walked me to the doors.

" Thanks Mike, come have coffee" i suggest

"Thank you very much Mia,but i will take my leave now bro has called an important meeting so... takecare Mia give my love to nathan." i just smiled and nodded he drove off and i went inside it was empty like my life, martha maybe left to pickup nathan from school, i went straight to my room... as i was climbing stairs my phone buzzed notifying i recieved message... thinking may be it was from Adam i took it out from my bag... but it was again one of flash message saying * Catch me..... If U Can * whats with this wierd messages, and as usual it has no sender at all and is sent from another medium... this is second time in row now it started since the food incident. But right now i am not in the mood right now i want to have nice relaxing shower...

After long and relaxing shower, i wear a comfy loose track pant and tshirt which has strawberry picture on it i mean i know it is childish and am mother of a child, but this is nathan's favourite too so some times it is cute to be child, you should preserve that little child within you .

In the distance somewhere in living room i heard opening and closing of door which is indication of one thing my cute darling is home,and not after a moment piter pater steps are heard and my bedroom door flown open and nathan attacked me with his hug. I was infront of dresser on chair and his hug impact was so powerfull that i wont able to handle it and fall backward towards the floor with nathan in my arms, thank god the furr rug was so thick that the floor wont hurt me.

"Nathan baby am fine sweety" and nathan just kept his face in crook of my neck by his behaviour he seems upset, my poor baby may be he got scared because of everything going on since 2 days. i tried to seat up,nathan being in my arms clinging to me. He was silent, so i forced him to look at me, and this made my heart shatter in million pieces, nathan was crying and his eyes were puffy and nose was red due to crying.

"BABY!! Darling what happen why are crying?"

"I am scared mommy"

"Why baby"

"Am scared you go away from me mommy, am scared that those people will take you away from" and he started crying even more i cant take it anymore, i just hugged him and try to calm him down.

"shhhhhh no baby am not going anywhere not now not ever, am staying here with you always sweety, nathy baby please stop crying" after soothing him he kept attached to me, and thus here i am eating my lunch with nathan being in my lap since he came back from school he just refused to leave my side, he just became a Qualabear to me so i have to carry him all around the house, now am having my much awaited lunch he even refuse to eat but i forcefully feed him, he fallen asleep in my lap while i was eating, so i very carefully carried him to my bedroom and placed him on my bed, incase he woke up i will be here to sooth him, as it is very much traumatic to my baby, i dont want to put him in stress anymore.

~Ring ~
my phone buzzed and i answered it on first ring... next came Adam voice

"Mia, am flying out, i have to sign some proposal so i wont be available for next 3 days okay,but you can call me or message me"
i wonder why is he telling me this

" Hmm okay have a safe flight Adam !!" i wished him.

"Thanks Mia, am leaving Elvis behind he will be your and nathan's security incharge in my absence"

"Security?  its not required, and more over you dont have to do this, i mean Adam please i think it is better if we maintain distance from now on, I don't want people start gossips about us, i hope you understand "

" Hmm  Mia" thank god

"Meet you at Nathan's Drawing competition, take care"

"What hello he....lloooo!! " ughhhhhhh he just hungup haven't he heard what i said? this man is weird hhhhmmm😖After the call , Elvis came and i wont bothered with him anyway it was Adam orders afterall he was following i just stayed in my room and sat on my chair near window, Adam just ignored what i said to him, and said he will attend the competition. How do i stop his advances on me, its not that i dont like him, i like him alot, I have fallen for him way back, but being with me is not good for his reputation and his image, that day media reporter said the partial truth about my past, what if Adam finds out about it too,what if he know the reason behind why i migrated from that city , what if he finds out nathan's truth, what if after dating him he ask me to give up on Nathan, that thought alone made me shudder i cant do this to my sweetheart. I cant, rather i wont i want my nathan in my life than any other happiness in this world. I have to take this Big Step, the time has come to take another decision of my life, after today i wont allow any man in my life, and this is applicable to Adam as well...