Chapter XLIV. Mother-in-law !!

Mia Pov

I was a nervous wreck, you ask me why, there is a time bomb ticking in my head, who wont be nerves after all am meeting my would be Mother-in-law for the first time Mrs.Joana Gilbert a very classy and elegant graceful woman, mother of three childrens, and commanding person in her house, mike told me everything about her last month he was the only one from whom i get as much information as i can because Adam was no use why you ask me, last time i asked him.

"Adam what will you tell me about your mother?" i asked him,when we were in living room he was on sofa i was seating below between his legs as he was giving me head oil massage (~‾▿‾)~ yay am lucky woman.

"Hmm she is a mother " (-_-;)・・・thats it nothing less nothing more.

"Adam thats not fair am asking about her natur, what she likes,dislikes, mood, other things so that i will impress her
" i asked him lifting my head towards him he just smiled at me and turned me back and continuing with massaging.

"You dont have to do anything she will like you Mia" (٥↼_↼)end of discussion and then whenever i asked him he would be same but in this recovering time i understood one thing in future whatever happen Adam's love wont waver for me, it will only grow with our age, and i want to grow old with him, and if possible want to die in his arms, i love him that much... MY ADAM ,MY BEAST,MY LOVE, and one day my husband, HUSBAND that word feels foreign on my tongue, yes we decided to have wedding.

The person attacked me was not anyone simple, Adam is searching him, and he is busy lately, and about wedding date and wedding preparation thats where his mom comes into picture, her strict orders were she wants to spend some time with me and nathan and then she will decide the date, and now am sweating profusely, not because am afraid that she will reject me but there is a strong possibility of that too,because think like this which mother would like to marry her son to a single mother, but if she rejects me and take objection on our wedding what will be Adam reaction, i dont want them to have arguments, and more over i will be disappointed to become he medium of their clashes. huhhh 'Mia get yourself together'

"Ouchh"

"Mia dear wait how many times i have to remind you, you are not suppose to lift a thing" Martha scolded me i was in my room deciding what to wear, when i bymistake lifted my suitcase, i haven't unpack my things yet, why you ask me, Mr.Adam has already filled my closet with all the essential expensive things and right now the existing closet is overflowing with designer garments, but am not fond of those expensive things, i like to wear clothes in which am comfortable in, but Adam wont listen but am stubborn too I use my clothes only, and due to this idiotic sling around my left hand i am half tied to it, according to Danny its only month past and my surgery is fresh so it will stay there for another period of time so as martha say i am not allowed to lift heavy things it will put pressure on my hand.

"Mia am talking to you, do you need anything?"

"Yup a simple jeans and a peach button-up shirt will do" she smiled but instead of opening my bag she went towards the closet, and brought a V neck Floral dress which is upto my knees, it consist of navy blue plane on top with V-neckline and long sleaves, and floral pattern on botton like skirt. Hmm i must say Martha has some fashion sense better than me hihihi.

                            Mia Dress"Wear it Adam, personally selected all those in there" she pointed towards the closet

Mia Dress
"Wear it Adam, personally selected all those in there" she pointed towards the closet.

"What how you know that?"

" Past week when i went to serve Mike and Adam there evening snacks in Adam study, Adam was telling this to Mike, that he himself selected done the shopping for you,but you wont even looked at it once, and i must tell you this, Mia he was disappointed." she said OMG Adam done all the shopping for me, and here i am not only refused the clothes but its true i haven't glanced once towards it,

"Oh Adam, how am i going to make it upto you !!"

"You can start wearing them" Martha suggested and yes i have to do that. after martha helped me, we came down in living room, as mike and Adam were on the way home, after all Joana is coming, and my palms are sweating, we prepared food i mean martha did it i just instructed, thanks to katty she came this morning and helped too.Now it is 12'45pm right time for lunch.

"We are here" came Mike's voice i looked towards the entrance, there she was standing in her full glory, like a queen she is,a middle age woman fair skin, pink lips, she looks much pretty than the pictures. She came towards me, and i just stood there fixed to the spot, i passed a smile towards her, she stood there staring a me, i glanced at Adam he was as usual giving me smile, what am i suppose to say.

"Hello" i bit my lips no reply

" I am Mia Rod..."

"Gilbert' you should start saying Mrs.Mia Gilbert.. my dear" i looked at her dumbfounded as if lightining struck me what did i hear, and just like that she started laughing loudly, even her laugh was very beautiful.

"O dear come here" and she took me into her embrace, and stroked my hair lovingly like a mother, when she released me she placed me in a arms length and stared at me lovingly.

"Adam i must say being an arrogant ruthless businessman like you, you have got a elegant Rose for you, she is much beautiful, much prettier than those picture you sent to me " i looked at adam and for the first time he winked at me you naughty beast he purposely did that.

" Well thank you for the Compliment mother" he said in sarcastic way.

"Mia, am Joana, you can call me anything you like Joana or Mom" 'Mom' in that moment i felt loved wanted, me after being alone for long time, i finally have a family, my family, my mother died after my birth, and since then papa was only family i have, but 4 years back i lost it all, and now here i got everything back, A brother and friend in the form of Mike and Danny, Mothers yes i have 2 martha and Joana, my little baby nathan,and last but no least because of whom all this am getting none other than Man of My Life Adam.

"Darling what happen, why are you crying?" joana asked me then i came to my senses, and realised that indeed am crying, but they were happy tears. i just smiled and told her its nothing, she gave an understanding look , nathan came from school.

"Mommy " he came running and sat next to me, he was staring at Joana and Joana too looking at him rather she just looking at him intently.

"Adam is he?" she asked adam nodded

"He.... he look exactly like...." she stopped mid sentence and this time she started crying, Mike took her to her room.

"Adam what happen why she?"

"She is missing Ethan " ohh i haven't asked further poor joana she is a mother who lost her young son.

"Thank you for loving me, and giving me this family Adam" he hugged me lovingly and put my head under his chin.

"Mia i am not anyone to give you anything, you are the one who earned it by yourself" i cant say anything to this man, i just did one thing i kissed him with all my heart.

"I LOVE YOU HUSBAND" he smile at me full blow smile, showing all his pearl white teeth.

"HUSBAND Ahha i see" he gave me a proud look.

"Mia have dinner with me, i was about to ask you this but then situations were not in my favour"

"OKAY When where"

"Tommarow 7pm, be ready i will pick you up after i come back from office".

"Sounds like a plan" i made my way towards dinning area with adam besides me.

"I must say your designer has nice taste in fashion" he said i blushed and said

"YUP am a Lucky one" and he just smiled and we settled ourself on table, martha already arranged the table, Mike and joana joined us and she was calmed down.