Chapter 18

"I have no idea," said Jenna earnestly.

"Are you an Animagus?" Peter asked excitedly.

"Don't be dumb, Wormtail," James huffed. "She's a Metamorphmagus. But I had no idea she was powerful enough to turn into an actual animal!"

"Well, neither did I," Jenna muttered, glancing at the werewolf who was still unconscious. "But apparently, my powers heighten when I'm under pressure or stress."

"Awesome!" Peter squeaked.

"But why a cat, though?" James mused.

"Dunno," Jenna shrugged. "It was the first thing that came to my mind."

"Why? Cause I always call you kitten?" Sirius said with a grin.

"What!? No! I – hang on," Jenna paused, thinking back at last week. "YOU WERE THE DOG THAT JUMPED ON ME!"

The three boys gulped, taking a step back.

"No need to get angry, Jenny–"

"–YOU LICKED MY FREAKING FACE!"

The werewolf gave a small growl, silencing them all. Jenna decided to let the matter go for the time being, so she wouldn't wake him up and cause another disaster.

"Well, we can give you a name, too, now that we're all here," Sirius suggested, trying to change the subject.

"How about Tigger?" Peter suggested.

"Nah," James shook his head, thinking.

"We can just call you kitten," Sirius grinned, but Jenna rolled her eyes.

"Oh, I got it!" James exclaimed. "How about Crookshanks?"

"Crookshanks?" they all repeated.

"Yeah," James nodded. "You know, shanks means cat's leg. It's a Scottish surname."

"Alright." Sirius and Peter nodded, but Jenna was still looking at Remus.

"You hit him way too hard," she said worriedly.

"Don't worry about him," Sirius shook his hand reassuringly. "He'll be alright. He's rather strong in his wolf form."

"Okay... now what?" Jenna mused, her eyes still fixed on Remus's several scars and wounds.

"Now you will return back to the castle and we'll just wait here for Remus to wake up." James said sternly.

Jenna folded her arms. "I'm not going anywhere."

"You're going back, if I say you're going back!"

"Excuse me!?" Jenna snarled.

"It's too dangerous here–"

"–So? Remus is my friend! I have as much reason to stay with him as you do! Specially now that he's in this state because of me!" Jenna retorted. "Look, I need to talk to him when he wakes. I know if I don't do it now, he won't let me do it ever again. He'll try to push me back, just like he tried to convince you guys back in second year. But he listened to you. Maybe he'll give me a chance too."

"Fine," James sighed in defeat, but he then lowered his voice and muttered to himself, "you little pain in the arse."

"What?" Jenna barked.

"Nothing," he said quickly.

***

They all fell asleep on the dusty ground through the night when Remus showed no sign of waking up.