Chapter 148

As the sun was setting in the horizon, the magical music was playing, and enchanted birds were singing above them, everyone looked down the aisle, where Lily was walking, her one hand wrapped around Mr. Potter's arm and the other holding onto a flower bouquet.

      Alice had made Lily's hair, causing her red waves to fall down her back, designed with little white flowers to shape a crown. Her white long dress was dragged beautifully behind her as she walked.

       Jenna threw a glance at her brother, seeing that James had now tears glimmering in his eyes as he watched her. She then caught Sirius's eyes, and they both smiled.

     Mr. Potter got down to the altar and was ready to let go of Lily's hand, but was caught off guard when she leaned in and hugged him tightly, muttering a small, "Thank you."

       When Mr. Potter took the empty seat beside his wife on the front row, he let out an audible sniff.

       Mrs. Potter turned to look at him sideways, grinning as she whispered, "Fleamont, are you crying?"

       "No," Mr. Potter muttered and sniffed again. "My — my eyes are just allergic to beautiful moments."

      Mrs. Potter chuckled but said nothing, holding onto his hand as the ceremony begun and Lily and James stood beside each other at the front, with Sirius and Jenna on either side of them.

     "Ladies and gentlemen," said the wizard who was performing the ceremony, "we are gathered here today to celebrate the union of two faithful soul, and to cherish the words which shall unite Lily and James in marriage..."

      As the officiant wizard went on, the crowd beamed at the couple as they now stood before one another, saying their vows. It looked as if there was a crying competition now between Mr. Potter and Marlene.

     "James," Lily started, holding onto his hands, "from the day I met you, I never thought I would ever see this day," the crowd laughed lightly at that, "but ever since we started going out, you taught me that love doesn't know age, or even time. I love you with all my heart, James Potter, and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you. I will always love you."

      Everyone sighed dreamily at that, but then there was an outbreak of chuckles and laughter when James started to say his vows.

      "Lily, I'm being honest when I say that I don't really blame you for rejecting me thirty times —"

     "Forty — six — times," said Sirius in between coughs and everyone chuckled.

      "The point is," James went on sharply and glared at Sirius from over his shoulder, "I became a better person because of you. I wanted to be better. And you make me the person I am today; a man with big dreams for the two of us and a heart full of love for you. I love you Lily, and I promise to stand by your side, until the very end."

     "Oh, my heart can't take this," Mr. Potter sobbed and so Mrs. Potter took out a handkerchief from her purse, handing it to him.

      "Do you, James Potter, take Lily Evans to be your wife?" said the wizard.

      James smiled. "I do."

     "And do you, Lily Evans, take James Potter to be your husband?"

      Lily nodded, beaming. "I do."

     Marlene let out a big sniff at that as they exchanged rings.

     "Then by the power vested in me, I now declare you bonded for life," said the wizard. "You may now kiss the bride."

     There was an outbreak of cheering and applause as James leaned in and pressed his lips against Lily's, kissing her as the birds started singing again above them.

     After the ceremony, the guests went back into the manor's main hall, where it was designed beautifully with white flowers. As they all gathered around in a circle, James and Lily Potter joined them on the dance floor for their first dance as husband and wife.

     "Look at our babies!" Marlene sighed as her, Jenna, and Alice gathered together. "They're all grown up."

     "Yeah." Jenna grinned. "Who would've thought she would finally end up marrying the Immature Arrogant Toe-Rag?"

      "I did." Alice smiled with a shrug.

     "Hey, Alice." Turning around, they saw Frank walking toward them. "Do you want to dance?"

      "Oooh, I would love to!" Alice said excitedly and giggled, taking his hand as they went to the dance floor along with the other guests.

     "Will you excuse me for a second, Jen?" said Marlene, looking around. "I have a date with the food..." Jenna chuckled as Marlene waltzed her way over  the snack table.

      "Hello," someone said behind Jenna, making her jump. Turning around, she saw Sturgis Podmore. "Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to scare you or anything."

      "No, it's fine." Jenna smiled politely, shaking a hand at him reassuringly.

      Podmore was the blond wizard from the Order, who was only a few years older than them. The Order members were all invited to the wedding that night, although many of them couldn't attend because of last-minute missions.

     "I've got to say," Podmore went on charmingly, "you look breathtaking tonight."

      "Er... thank you, Sturgis."

      "So, I had to ask," said Podmore, "are you and your boyfriend still together? I don't see him around."

       "Oh, yes." Jenna nodded. "And we're actually in a pretty serious relationship."

     She had to hold back the urge to snort at her little pun, but then Podmore went on and asked, "So would you like to dance? Just as friends, of course, if your boyfriend wouldn't mind."

      "I —"

      "He does mind, actually." Turning around, they saw Sirius walking forward, his eyes fixed on Podmore. "And I've heard he's a pretty protective one."

     Jenna rolled her eyes at that playfully, but then Sirius suddenly took her hand before she could protest and dragged her to the dance floor along with the other guests.

      "Oh, look at them," said Jenna with a sigh as she was dancing with Sirius to the slow song, watching Lily and James swinging around from over Sirius's shoulder. "Can you believe that these two are the same people who had a fight on the train on our first day to Hogwarts?"

     Sirius let out a laughter. "Yeah, and James raised his legs to trip over old Snivellus." Jenna glared at him. "What? You didn't like Snape either!"

      Jenna shook her head before glancing admirably back at the newly wed couple.

     "But they were made for each other, weren't they? Lily and James, I mean." Jenna smiled to herself. "A stag and a doe..."