Chapter 46

Jenna came to realize that she had never really thought that much about Sirius's past. She pitied him and felt sorry for him, and deep down, she now understood why he sought attention in all the wrong ways.

     After a long while, Jenna finally pulled away and immediately, Sirius felt empty once again.

     "Thanks for telling me this, Sirius." She gently touched his arm, smiling warmly up at him. "I want you to know that you can always count on me as your friend."

     Sirius's heart sank at those words and he shook his head. "Friend... right... thanks," he forced a smile at her.

     "Well, let's go back to the party then," Jenna said more cheerfully, trying to reduce the tension. "A bit longer and James would start to get suspicious and come after us with a blade."

     Sirius laughed, nodding at her and so the two made their way back to the Gryffindor common room.

     "How long have we been gone?" Jenna questioned when they reached it, looking around the room with widened eyes.

     The common room was now almost empty except for a few sixth year students who were sitting on the ground in a circle and doing a bottle game, Clint who was snogging a girl in a corner, and James who was passed out on the couch in front of the fireplace, snoring with his mouth handing open and his glasses on the floor.

     "I don't think we were gone for more than an hour," Sirius mused, looking around, but then said jokingly, "Someone's been passing around Firewhiskey."

     Jenna chuckled, looking back at her brother when Sirius said, "I better wake him and take him to his bed."

     "Or..." Jenna started with a mischievous smirk, "I can go upstairs and bring my permanent marker and we cam draw on his face; it won't wash off for weeks."

      "I love how your brain works, Jenny," Sirius chuckled. "You're pure evil."

     "Why, thank you," Jenna winked at him and with that made her way towards the dormitory staircase.

      Sirius put his hands in his pockets, watching her leave with a smile dangling on his lips as he muttered to himself, "What are you doing to me, Potter?"

***

Another full moon came and went and with that, Jenna found herself spending more and more time with her brother and his friends. It was fun and new to spend a part of her free time with them.

The four Marauders even showed her a map they were working on, having the idea of showing everyone on it at Hogwarts.

But since the day her and Sirius had called truce and became friends on Jenna's request, they seemed to be spending the most time with each other.

She somehow felt closer to him after the night at the Astronomy Tower, when Sirius had opened his heart to her and shared his darkest parts with her.

They hadn't talked about that night to each other and did not dare to mention it to anyone else either.

Lily and Marlene wanted to call out Jenna on this, but Alice forbade them each time they wanted to bring that night up.

And whenever the two girls asked her why, Alice would just smile and say, 'you don't see what I see.'

Although the closer they drew to their O.W.L examinations, the more concerned Lily became about her friend not studying.

Jenna didn't care much about homework or assignments, but Lily thought that she was passing a line as she had stopped even studying for quizzes and called her on it the morning of their History of Magic test.

"Jen, you didn't study at all last night! I'm telling you, hanging out with Black would bring you no good." Lily pointed a finger at her warning.

"I told you! I'm ready for this!" Jenna argued, passing her copy of A History of Magic to Marlene. "Here. Try me."

Marlene opened the book at a random page and skimmed through it, looking for a good question. "Alright... What ended in 1865?"

Jenna gulped, staring at her awkwardly. "Err... 1864?"

"Yeah, she's ready alright," said Marlene sarcastically, closing the book with a grin.

Lily then pulled the book away from Marlene and the next moment, smacked Jenna on the arm with it.

"Ouch! What was that for!?" Jenna frowned, rubbing the spot she was hit.

"For not listening to me!" said Lily knowingly. "I'll await that day which you fail History of Magical and I'll be there to say 'I told you so'. I can see that day clearly from now!"

"Oh, seer Lily!" said Jenna, kneeling on the floor dramatically before her. "Bless our eyes with your wisdom!"

"All hail Lily The Wise!" Marlene let out, bowing at her after Jenna.

Alice was chuckling hard as Lily sighed and shook her head in disappointment. "I'm surrounded by idiots."